Now on www.reexamine.org - Counsel to Watch Tower Missionaries

by reexaminer 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Knorr was one hell of a bean counter!

Under the discussion of visitors, it explains that if a visitor from another branch will be staying for more than two days, he should be prepared to chip in his FIFTY CENTS A DAY for food.

Sounds like the auschwitz diet plan.

What become clear is how much the missionaries are forced to rely on the kindness of their flock.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Now I see why the missionary life has such a high attrition rate. All those missionaries you see in Gilead twice a year are replacements. The missionary life must SUUUUUCK. Not only do you have all the regimentation of Bethel life, but you have 150 fucking hours to report (may have changed since the 70's) every goddamn month. I especially apreciated the part about how if they get df'd for any reason the Society "will have nothing to do with them" and they must find their own way home.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Dudes and Dudesses,

If you haven't downloaded and read this little gem, you are M-I-S-S-I-N-G O-U-T! It is a RIOT!

Every page has a groaner. There's way too much here to quote it all back to you. The one that finally pushed me over the edge of posting was page 19 and 20 under the heading "Security":

Sometimes missionary workers wonder what will happen to them when they get older. The Society would like to assure you that as long as you are in the full-time service of Jehovah and have been in a missionary home for fifteen or more years you may always consider that missionary home as your home as long as the Society is able to operate missionary homes and finance them and you are willing to abide by the Society policies. This will be your home whether or not you are able to put in the required hours, so any missionaries that stay in their foreign assignment for fifteen years and who want to stay there thereafter even though they cannot meet the requirements in field service should feel that they always have a home with Jehovah's organization as long as they believe the things Jehovah brings forth through his word and are willing to abide by the Society's instructions and the branch arrangements.

Can't you just feel the unconditional love for these dedicated workers of Jah?

(BTW, you slobs that only go out on weekends? Don't worry, the end will be here before you retire. No sweat, you're covered.)

Dave

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow!

Could you imagine if your Social Security benefits were only good so long as you actually held a full time job and never ever questioned the policies of the government or the current administration?

Oh yeah… sounds “secure” to me!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Now I see why the missionary life has such a high attrition rate.

There was a guy in my first hall that went to Gilead in 1983 and was sent to Chad afterward. I think he's still there. When he came back for a visit he gave "experiences" that included everything from eating insects to getting arrested, beaten, and imprisoned by police.

Why would anyone live like that only to spend their retirement years destitute?

W

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Isn't it amazing when one more layer of the WTS rotten onion is peeled away?

Great work on finding AND making this available to us, Re-examiner!

I don't remember, where is it in the Bible that Jesus paid bonuses to the apostles?

I don't remember either, but it would have been a hell of a lot more than the latest exodus of Bethel refugees will get.......they don't even rate a gold watch or a farewell dinner for all their devotion to the cult.

Annie

• Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Question for reexaminer.
    You have lots of goodies on your site to download, but I noticed that most of them are painfully slow to download. Do you have any immediate plans to get a faster server, as I can only imagine the speed problem will become worse when more and more people discover your website.
    Regards,
    Nemesis
  • reexaminer
    reexaminer
    Question for reexaminer.
    You have lots of goodies on your site to download, but I noticed that most of them are painfully slow to download. Do you have any immediate plans to get a faster server, as I can only imagine the speed problem will become worse ;when more and more people discover your website.
    Regards,
    Nemesis

Nemesis, I agree 100%. It's even more painful to upload files.

When I chose the ISP, there were a few factors that I had to concider, those being, location, ID security and cost.

Location. I had to choose a country where the JW literature isn't protected by copyright laws. Where the JW's don't exist they can't own copyrights on their books, so they can't protect them. This left me only a few options for hosting my website.

ID Security. Obviously, I don't want the legal problems that went along witht the "quotes" website. If you thought the WTS had a case against him (which I don't think they did but I didn't have the funds to back him up), then they're really going to have one against me. I don't want them knowing who or where I am. So, I needed to find a company who was happy to take my money, and not ask any questions about who I am.

Cost. After sifting through several ISP companies and using the above criteria to create a "short list" I really came up with a handful of different companies. They range from rediculously expensive, to fairly expensive, to inexpensive, nothing in between. Guess which one I had to go for.

To date, I've spent about $200, which will last me until next year. I have recieved donations from a few individuals, which I am extremely greatful for, but for me to offer this website with the security that I need to operate I probably need 4 times what I'm paying now, and then it will put limits on my bandwidth, which I don't currently have. I have unlimited bandwidth which is great because I'm averageing about 50 gig A WEEK in data transfers.

So, in a nutshell, yes, I know there is a problem with download speeds. I really, really hope it doesn't get worse, however it may but it is something I will moniter. I am open to suggestions of other ISPs where costs are lower. At this point though, I think it's better to offer the information for download service as is, then to take the info offline and it not being available.

I hope it answers your question. Please feel free to email me, anyone can actually, if you have any suggestions or questions or anything at all.

Reexaminer

www.reexamine.org
    [email protected]

• corproal
    corproal

reexaminer,

Your site isn't really all that slow.I linked to it and it took about 6 seconds.It may be the fact that I'm using a cable modem or the number of people logging on.I really don't know.

Craig

• ackack
    ackack

I think you should reconsider offering a bittorrent for your downloads to both boost speeds and save on bandwidth.

ackack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit