Now on www.reexamine.org - Counsel to Watch Tower Missionaries

by reexaminer 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• reexaminer
    reexaminer

You can get this on the main downloads page, or directly here: http://www.reexamine.org/images/counseltowatchtowermissionaries.pdf

This is the 'counsel' (A.K.A. contract) between missionaries and the Watch Tower. Someone would recieve this after completing the Giliad training school.

Also, we now have the Pay Attention book, and the OD book in Polish, as well as German and English.

Reexaminer

www.reexamine.org
    [email protected]

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Totally awsome! Thanks so much. Keep up the good work!

• TheListener
    TheListener

I just read through that missionary manual. It's not about sex at all.

Instead it's about everything else that could be regulated by the WTS for their missionaries. If you haven't read it, do so. The WTS' ability to properly govern their flock never ceases to amaze me.

I was surprised I didn't read this: "the missionary was entrusted with a special privilege of service by Jehovah, therefore you will move your bowels twice daily whether you feel it is necessary or not."

• garybuss
    garybuss

Page 2 "many that you will meet have been oppressed and kept
    in ignorance and poverty."

Sounds like my old Kingdom Hall.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I am simply blown away by the love shown by the organization for missionaries who have given up everything to serve in foreign lands. In paragraph 50 they show their love by generously establishing a "health fund" for a missionary after 5 years of service.

W

• sir82
    sir82

What a hoot! Did you see the part on bonuses for making your time 12 months in a row?

I don't remember, where is it in the Bible that Jesus paid bonuses to the apostles? Or maybe the 150 fishes in the last chapter of John was the prophetic antitype of this practice?

I think there are a few ex-missionaries that have posted on this board in the past. Anybody know if the current book (this one is from 1974) is very different?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Anybody know if the current book (this one is from 1974) is very different?

I'm sure the dollar amounts would have increased somewhat. Maybe even some new bonuses, like if you exceed your minimum required time you get a free tin of sardines at the end of the service year. You'll have to complete the required paperwork though, in triplicate.

W

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Many, those missionaries must have been on easy street. Let's see... get magazines at pioneer rates, then sell for 5 cents each, times 100 or so - thats a cool $40 profit.... bonus of $6 a month, going up to $10 if you stick it out for just a decade... plus allowances. Man, what a sweet life.

• Poztate
    Poztate

WOW....Thanks..It just gets better and better and better.

I imagine all the WT LEGAL boys are just pulling out their hair about now. I hope you can keep the site up and the WT boys at bay.

The battle isn't over until it's over..

www.reexamine.org

• Satanus
    Satanus

Many thanks, brother reexamine, for making available those delightful words of truth. Recieve free, give free, heehee. As shown the the revelation book, the words of truth keep getting deeper as they get farther away from the thrown of the wt bible god (or is that ezekial?).

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit