Disfellowshipped Numbers ?

by Clam 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clam
    Clam

Do the WTS release statistics for those disfellowshipped from the Organisation.

I understood that they published the numbers of newly baptised and those attending the memorial, but what about the other side of the balance sheet? I'm assuming they don't for PR reasons.

• Shazard
    Shazard

ofcourse no, coz then each one of us could calculate their growth/decline ratio and whatever it is I am sure WT does not wants us... and more... their misguided slaves to know

• Clam
    Clam

Shazard thanks. Thought as much. Surely it wouldnt be too tough to estimate? If you took the total number of kingdom halls and then came up with say one DF per hall per year, do you think that sounds about right?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Watchtower January 1 1986 p. 13, January 1 1987 p.13 both gave statistics of around 40,000 d/f per year when there was only 3 million jws. That is 1.3%, so Clam you are about right when you say one per hall per year.

With 6 million there would probably be 80000 d/f per year.

Since the difference between baptisms and the net increase was 175,000 people it means there are an additional 95,000 that have either died or become inactive.

• Clam
    Clam

Jwfacts thanks. Phew that's a lot of apostates.

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, you realize that the WTS does not classify every DF'd person as an apostate, just those who verbally and otherwise attack the WT doctrines. Committing adultery, fornication, murder, smoking, using drugs, molesting children would not classify you as an apostate.

Blondie

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Committing adultery, fornication, murder, smoking, using drugs, molesting children would not classify you as an apostate.

Blondie

LMAO....How true!

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was recently told by an active Witness that the circuit overseer told them that disfellowshipped for last year was 85k.

• acquittal
    acquittal

Hi clam,

good question.

It is annoying for instance when you read the annual j.w. report where it says "decrease/increase" 0%. 0% can mean -0,4% or +0,4%. You can make your choice. Officially it is 0%. They don't show you the exact numbers. Otherwise you could see their shrinking system, especially in the European countries, the former cash cow of donations.

Bye,

acquittal

• Clam
    Clam

Hi aquittal - and welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit