fading promises

by candidlynuts 23 Replies latest members private

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Gary, that was one of the best posts I've read. What a real discription. Really made me think.

• prophecor
    prophecor

With Paradise being delayed or postponed, it can be seen as a cruel testimony to the faith we once held. The things we believed were not so much the problem as it was the voice of where our faith stemmed from. From those who, though with seemingly good intentions, where not able to calculate the times correctly.

They were anxious for the outworkings of the promises of God. They believed they were God's Special Property. They have incredible insight into the scriptures, but have missed the mark of the greater things of simplicity. A relationship with the almighty as opposed to the laws and the rules, and the regulations that make us unworthy unless we walk the tight rope.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Gary, you expressed it very well. Good logical well thought out post.

It is appreciated.

Joel

• kls
    kls

There you are Candid ,been worried about ya and all does not sound to well with ya (((((((((((hugs))))))) i think are needed here .

Great post and thoughts and oh so true.

Miss ya Candid

PS , you haver my email,,,Anytime

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi candidly, good to see you, I hope things go better for you.

I enjoyed reading your post, very well thought out.

I heard the promises too, and believed every one. Now they aren't fading as far as I am concerned - they are broken.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Just a side bar on the topic of worry. Worry is a prayer for something I don't want to happen. Worry is a vote against me. It's a vote by me against myself. It says to me: "You won't know how to handle this!", or: "You'll screw this up!".
    The opposite of worry is confidence. Many people like me think the opposite of worry is happy. It's not! The opposite of happy is indifference. Worry is my mind giving substance . . reality, to fear. I have this fear but it's abstract, it's like a pain, but where's it coming from? Well, I haven't eaten in two days, maybe it's hunger. Now we have a word for our pain . . . it's hunger.
    So it is with fear. We build this mental picture. We color it. We add characters. We give it parallels and limits and rights, then we make a frame for it to fit in. Now's it seems real because we can see it in concept, we can explain it, we can work on it. Now we actually have something to work on. We can't work on the real problem (there might not be a real problem), we can work on the worry.
    Once I heard a sage say that fear is False Evidence Appearing Real. Most of my problems I worried about, I never had to deal with.
    My favorite book about worry was written by Dale Carnage called How To Stop Worrying And Start Living. My favorite slogan on worry is by the great Gerald Mann, "Wait to worry!".
    I wrote this because I had much problem with worry. I challenged it and I found by challenging worry, I challenged myself. It was one layer of the onion I peeled after I began recovery from my life with the Witness people.
    Faded promises started the process for me. I think it's the starting point for more than a few today. Good topic. Thanks!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thanks for the responses and the hugs everyone!

i appreciate them.

gary i think in order to worry you have to have the hope that you can overcome your problem and have the option of a good outcome.. i dont worry.i know how my life is gonna end up. i have no one on this planet that will even claim my body if i die. course i'll be dead so it doesnt matter..but it puts in perspective what the wtbs has taken away from me. or.what i walked away from when i stopped attending meetings.however you want to look at it.

i'm not really depressed..just stuck.i'm warm, have a place to live and food to eat..so i'm fine. i'm even content on most days because i do have a few friends and there is a peace in my life that i didnt have when i was frantically trying to please the wtbs.

so, dont take my disgruntled fatalism against the wtbs as depression. i'm really ok, its just hard living without my children and family and that comes to the surface more here than with my friends in real life, they dont understand like you guys here do. thank goodness they dont understand, i'd not wish that understanding on anyone!

hugs and good wishes to all of you as well.

• icare4u
    icare4u

Candid I feel for you, I really do! Those predictions have failed, but Jehovahs promises will not. There will be a Paradise Earth. He said and He does not lie. No one knows the day or hour but it will come. You cant bet on it. Just hang in there till then. Then all the bad in our lives will be a distant memory and then finnaly never remembered no more. Revelations 21:3-4

• JH
    JH

Welcome back Candid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• joelbear
    joelbear

going with what Gary said about worry, i am having a lot of success "turning the volume down" on worry by focusing on the fact that i am worrying and then focusing on stopping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit