Another statistics

by Shazard 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shazard
    Shazard

Is here in this site or somewhere else shown some graphs how ex-JW divide into atheists (strange religion) and believers?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

You'd have to have more categories than that. There aren't only those two groups, this site is much more diverse. There are also a number of Buddhists and pagans to name two.

Sherry - of the Mother Earth loving Pagan and Proud, class.

• Shazard
    Shazard

Well I was interested in those who leaving JW found Christ and those who still didn't recognized Creator of the reality in him!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Ha. Still don't recognize? Thats a little insulting to anyone not agreeing with you, isn't it? Even if that is your only criteria, you still can't lump us all into one big group. Athiests don't recognize any higher power at all. I do.

Sherry

• Shazard
    Shazard

Welll... if somebody says to me that I still don't know rocket science it isn't insult to me. Sorry did not wanted to insult anybody. Anyway if there is atheist it is one question, but if somebody recognizes higher beeing, then I allways asking him to tell about it and I ask question... what would do and how would behave your God if he would came in the flesh as human. Atheists is other picture... I sayed... very strange religion, they find their identity in refuting something they do not believe exists. Plain logical error. BUT please, do not continue this conversation, as I am not preaching here... just wanted some statistics, and did not (and still do not) want to turn this topic in atheists vs christians vs JW vs all other vs ME topic :( Sorry, did not wantet to insult anybody!

• Ticker
    Ticker

I don't recall ever coming across any graphs or qouted statistics of what route Ex Jw's have taken. I think as stated it would be quite diverse though and could never be lumped into just two groups. I would think many may be agnostic and are not yet decided what to believe. Some have resolved this issue and moved on to either Christianity, atheist, eastern, pagan, or some other belief system.

Ticker

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Pagan here, gods, godesses, earth, love, nature etc. Guess it isn't one of your choice, but eh. I respect other's beleives though.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    those who still didn't recognized Creator of the reality in him! [...] Sorry did not wanted to insult anybody.

LOL. Are you still vainly clinging to your imaginary friend? No offense, of course. :-) [ Humor-impaired people should ignore this sentence. ]

Atheists is other picture... I sayed... very strange religion, they find their identity in refuting something they do not believe exists. Plain logical error.

Atheists don't find identity in not believing in God. Imagine you lived in a town where almost everyone believed in unicorns. There were even organizations like the Church of Her Hoofedness and the Evangelical Unicornians. If you didn't believe in unicorns, you might be called an "anti-unicornian" or somesuch, but the title wouldn't be your source of self-identity or your worldview. It would just reflect a key way in which your worldview was different from the people around you.

Similarly, I don't believe in gods, but this non-belief does not form the basis for my identity or worldview. By identifying me an atheist, you learn exactly one thing about my outlook: that I don't believe in gods, just as you probably don't believe in unicorns. My worldview is based on positive beliefs, which are unique to me.

Peace,
    SNG

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I can understand people being agnostic, but atheists? There is no such thing really. Everyone believes in something higher than ourselves, even Seattleniceguy. Atheism is the highest form of bravado.

• Shazard
    Shazard

yadda, atheism is just believing that something does not exist... it is faith too... just a bit strange faith, formulated actually in negative form, but faith... as can't be prooved too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit