JW (?) EMAIL: Check it out!

by lisaBObeesa 43 Replies latest jw friends

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I got this email in 2001 from someone I don't know. I posted about it back then, but got no responses. It is kinda a long read, but worth it. Very interesting!! Rather than a sucide cult, it sees JWs in the future as a murderus cult. The author also managed to see into the future and comment on lawsuits that would hound the Org. And if the author is here, please reveal yourself!

Dear Brother or Sister:

I haven't been in very close touch for several years now, and have been curious as to what the thinking currently is on where we are in the stream of time, and especially if it's beginning to be believed that Jehovah's people will ultimately have to take an active role in bringing about the fulfillment of Jehovah's purposes. It's great to find that what I want to know is easily accessible here on-line.

I recall hearing various discussions on just about every detail of every subject imaginable. Most of what was believed gave me something to look forward to. But what eventually caused me to drift away were those who claimed that God's true people might have to engage in some violence to help Him carry out His purposes, just as his Chosen People the Jews had had to. I just couldn't believe that it could be necessary.

But with all that has gone on in the world in the past several years, it seems that they may have been right. So it makes sense that the Governing Body was completely replaced a little over a year and a half ago. Perhaps the new leaders will vote in such a way that the direction will be given to help put it all in motion. Many may balk--but the years of blind obedience to whatever the Faithful and Discreet Slave has decreed will prove to be advantageous. Believe one thing today, and its opposite next week--perfect training for Jehovah's people to be able to do what otherwise might be difficult.

It won't be easy to take a knife and go out and kill several of your favorite family or acquaintances. But of all the various possibilities that I heard entertained by various Elders and Overseers those years ago, that one seems most in line with Bible prophecy. No goats--that is, those who are not sheep, but who are against The Truth--will survive Armageddon. They will be destroyed forever, with no chance for a resurrection. But if they are already dead when Armageddon comes, then they will have a chance.

The other prophecy which such action will help to fulfill is that of preaching the good news of the Kingdom to everyone before the end comes. Most people in the U.S. have heard of Jehovah's people--but sadly, all that the vast majority know is that they go door to door pushing their religion. Most people know very little about that True Religion--instead, they are filled with the lies they have been told. But when the Faithful begin to slaughter the unclean peoples, it will be widely reported in the newspapers and on TV, and will give Jehovah's people the opportunity at last to declare the Good News about the Kingdom. The goats will then have their last chance to join the Great Crowd. Sadly, however, most will attempt instead to destroy God's people, which will then bring destruction upon them.

This idea that Jehovah's people should begin Armageddon has no doubt been prevalent in other countries for years, where such slaughter of their enemies has been going on forever. But, sadly, in the U.S. people have become a bit squeamish when it comes to the reality of what must transpire. Apparently the Faithful and True servant has felt it necessary to keep such ideas from the ministers who are working so hard to spread the good news. And, no doubt, they have been wise to do so, wanting to wait until the time is right. Maybe until the one-millionth Witness is dedicated and baptized?

But it needs to happen soon, as various elements within the Organization have taken on many very worldly characteristics. The lust for power and money has consumed many. Sadly that has been an outgrowth of teaming with Jimmy Swaggert in the fight against the IRS in the early 1990s. But something had to be done. It would have been much easier to let each individual publisher be responsible for his or her own taxes--but then some control would have been relinquished, and that cannot be allowed to happen until after Armageddon. The end really does justify the means.

Another reason that it needs to happen soon is that rumblings are being heard about possible class-action lawsuits being filed against various groups of Elders. The recent and current crop of lawsuits concerning harboring of pedophiles is but the tip of the iceberg. Enough money has been set aside to settle those claims. But if ten thousand disfellowshipped and/or disassociated ones come forward as a class and demand justice and restitution for invasion of their privacies and for lewd questions being asked concerning their immoral acts, it could bankrupt the Society. "Loose lips sink ships", and there may be enough people who have overheard various comments about various Elders enjoying "listening to the girls" or "hearing the stories of the boys" to begin to realize what they mean. And, obviously, many have gone beyond merely listening or looking. The warning to those young people that if they tell they will be destroyed has worked so far--but their numbers are seemingly about to reach a critical mass.

And it is the Society's obsession with record-keeping which could be their undoing, just as it was for the Nazis after World War Two. Records have been kept of all those who were disfellowshipped and disassociated, the reasons why (mostly for immorality, no doubt), and the elders involved. In any class-action lawsuit, company records are subpoenaed so that potential members of the class may be contacted and given the opportunity to join the class. Perhaps someone needs to begin thinking about destroying some of those records. Also in the records no doubt are the Society's deliberations and decision-making processes concerning which controversies to promote most heavily in each new country the "Good News" was taken to. Controversy gets publicity, makes the people feel good and persecuted, and even gets some sympathy. It also gets people killed some places. But to have one policy in one country and its opposite in another can't be right.

The repression of the natural sexual urges of adolescents is a very dangerous business. The energy thus harnessed can, if channeled properly, be put to many very productive uses. But, unfortunately, those repressed adolescents grow up to be repressed adults (adults, at least, in body) who then take advantage of their positions of trust so that their own sexual fantasies may be fulfilled. The energy thus produced is very difficult to control. So it is that no doubt the Governing Body is planning to direct the final channeling of that energy.

How will it happen? I imagine a simple announcement in The Watchtower stating: "Look for an extremely important announcement in the Watchtower six weeks hence. New understandings give no doubt that the end of the wicked system of things is very near indeed." Then the announcement, eagerly awaited, will be made--but the magazines will not be mailed out. Instead, they will be hand-delivered by trusted servants only to every Kingdom Hall for study on that Sunday. And the exciting news will be given: "You will personally help to bring about the fulfillment of Jehovah's purposes". Events will happen very quickly. Even if only half of the million Witnesses fulfill their obligation to kill two or three unbelievers, over a million dead will certainly get the attention of Satan's governments and His handmaiden Christendom. They will attempt to destroy you, but Jehovah will save you.

Or so you believe. Will you have the courage to act when action is decreed necessary, or will you ultimately be shown not to believe that which you have been preaching for over 100 years?

P.S.--a special thank you goes to brother Stephen ********* of *** *** Street North, Twin Falls, ID 83301 for helping me to a better understanding of most of the above and of much, much more concerning how some of the Elders and Overseers think and act and what their primary concerns are.
    ---------------------------------
  • Scully
    Scully
    No goats--that is, those who are not sheep, but who are against The Truth--will survive Armageddon. They will be destroyed forever, with no chance for a resurrection. But if they are already dead when Armageddon comes, then they will have a chance.
    The repression of the natural sexual urges of adolescents is a very dangerous business. The energy thus harnessed can, if channeled properly, be put to many very productive uses. But, unfortunately, those repressed adolescents grow up to be repressed adults (adults, at least, in body) who then take advantage of their positions of trust so that their own sexual fantasies may be fulfilled. The energy thus produced is very difficult to control. So it is that no doubt the Governing Body is planning to direct the final channeling of that energy.

How will it happen? I imagine a simple announcement in The Watchtower stating: "Look for an extremely important announcement in the Watchtower six weeks hence. New understandings give no doubt that the end of the wicked system of things is very near indeed." Then the announcement, eagerly awaited, will be made--but the magazines will not be mailed out. Instead, they will be hand-delivered by trusted servants only to every Kingdom Hall for study on that Sunday. And the exciting news will be given: "You will personally help to bring about the fulfillment of Jehovah's purposes". Events will happen very quickly. Even if only half of the million Witnesses fulfill their obligation to kill two or three unbelievers, over a million dead will certainly get the attention of Satan's governments and His handmaiden Christendom. They will attempt to destroy you, but Jehovah will save you.

Or so you believe. Will you have the courage to act when action is decreed necessary, or will you ultimately be shown not to believe that which you have been preaching for over 100 years?

The fact that there are active JWs out there who believe that this is how "the fulfillment of Jehovah's purposes" will play out is downright chilling. This is the one we know about, the one who is brazen enough to publicize this belief. How many are there that we don't know about, who are just merely waiting for that day to come?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I dont't think the writer of the email believes these things, rather I think he is making the point that Steven ********** of Twin Falls and some other JWs believe these things, and it is disgusting and horrible. At least that is how I understand the "P.S."

Still, the bottom line is that this is how some JWs think it all could go down.....*shivers*.

• kristyann
    kristyann

Wait, what? I am so confused! There are some JWs that think they are supposed to kill one or two nonbelievers? Who thinks that? Is there like a specific congregation or two that thinks that or something?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I thought this way by the time I was 12. I bet the person who sent this email was raised in it. It is a logical conclusion to reach if one TRULY believes their doctrine. The only way to save your classmates is to kill them BEFORE Armageddon.

Ick! This beast is rabid. It needs to be undone.

AuldSoul

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Active JWs have stopped into our disfellowshipped JWs chat rooms over the years to spew out hate. Many would describe how terrible we were going to suffer when Armageddon came and they would be happy to see us die. It was disturbing how they relished in their belief of how we were going to suffer. A while back the ISP changed the chat format and we were then able to eject them when they got too grafic and disruptive, but if they could have done the deed, no doubt some were capable of it.

One time on the official JW site I read an article that said sometrhing like "since it is against the law to kill apostates..." They were basicaly saying if it was not illegal they would kill us all. Someone had found it and saved it on their site and of course I can't find it now. Anyone remember it?

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

The Watchtower, November 15, 1952 Issue:

In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."--Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws.

The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God's law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof.

...if the children are of age, then there can be a departing and breaking of family ties in a physical way, because the spiritual ties have already snapped.

If children are of age and continue to associate with a disfellowshiped parent because of receiving material support from him or her, then they must consider how far their spiritual interests are being en dan gered by continuing under this unequal arrangement, and whether they can arrange to support themselves, living apart from the fallen-away parent. Their continuing to receive material support should not make the m c ompromise so as to ignore the disfellowshiped state of the parent. If, because of acting according to the disfellowship order of the company of God's people, they become threatened with a withdrawal of the parental support, then they must be willing to take such consequences.

Satan's influence through the disfellowshiped member of the family will be to cause the other member or members of the family who are in the truth to join the disfellowshiped member in his course or in his position toward God's organization. To do this would be disastrous, and so the faithful family member must recognize and conform to the disfellowship order. How would or could this be done while living under the same roof or in personal, physical contact daily with the disfellowshiped? In this way: By refusing to have religious relationship with the disfellowshiped.

...to have religious communion with the disfellowshiped person - no, there would be none of that! The faithful marriage partner would not discuss religion with the apostate or disfellowshiped and would not accompany that one to his (or her) place of religious association and participate in the meetings with that one. As Jesus said: "If he does not listen even to the congregation [which was obliged to disfellowship him], let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector [to Jehovah's sanctified nation]." (Matt. 18:17, NW) Hurt to such one would not be authorized, but there would be no spiritual or religious fellowshiping.

The same rule would apply to those who are in the relation of parent and child or of child and parent. What natural obligation falls upon them according to man's law and God's law the faithful parent or the faithful child will comply with. But as for rendering more than that and having religious fellowship with such one in violation of the congregation's disfellowship order-no, none of that for the faithful one! If the faithful suffers in some material or other way for the faithful adherence to theocratic law, then he must accept this as suffering for righteousness' sake.

The purpose of observing the disfellowship order is to make the disfellowshiped one realize the error of his way and to shame him, if possible, so that he may be recovered, and also to safeguard your own salvation to life in the new world in vindication of God. (2 Thess. 3:14, 15; Titus 2:8) Because of being in close, indissoluble natural family ties and being of the same household under the one roof you may have to eat material food and live physically with that one at home, in which case 1 Corinthians 5:9-11 and 2 John 10 could not apply; but do not defeat the purpose of the congregation's disfellowship order by eating spiritual or religious food with such one or receiving such one favorably in a religious way and bidding him farewell with a wish for his prosperity in his apostate course.

They reprinted something similar to this a few years go on the site...seems clear to me. If they could they would. Now that's unconditional love fer ya

• DIM
    DIM

this is pretty unrealistic, sorry. my mom and dad and everyone in my old congregations would not do anything like that. this is pretty stupid xjw ramblings.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

DIM,

Follow this a moment (we'll leave children out of the reasoning for now):

(1) Anyone who is not a Witness at Armageddon is going to die eternally.

(2) Anyone who dies BEFORE Armageddon has a chance at resurrection, because their sins are paid for.

(3) It takes six months to upwards of a year to become a Witness if the student works at it.

(4) It takes a few minutes to kill someone.

(conclusion) it is much more efficient use of time to go on a killing spree than to preach to people.

I figured this out when I was 12. There are Witnesses who reason this way, and viewed from inside the cultist mindest the logic is flawless.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• fahrvegnugen
    fahrvegnugen
    Follow this a moment (we'll leave children out of the reasoning for now):

(1) Anyone who is not a Witness at Armageddon is going to die eternally.

(2) Anyone who dies BEFORE Armageddon has a chance at resurrection, because their sins are paid for.

(3) It takes six months to upwards of a year to become a Witness if the student works at it.

(4) It takes a few minutes to kill someone.

(conclusion) it is much more efficient use of time to go on a killing spree than to preach to people.

I figured this out when I was 12. There are Witnesses who reason this way, and viewed from inside the cultist mindest the logic is flawless.

Sorry but you once again display your fundamental misunderstanding of what MOTIVATES most JWs. This entire scenario is pure rubbish, and will never happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit