The Good News and Bad News (Brace yourselves; cause it is bad)

by stillAwitness 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

The good news: I just saved a bunch more money on my car insurance by switiching to Progressive! (though I do miss the free talking duck Aflac would send me once a year)

The bad news: It has just been announced at the Kingdom Hall today that as of now the Watchtower is being translated into 152 languages instead of what used to be 151. ( You should of heard the applause)

Hmmm.. I wonder what the new language could be??

• sf
    sf

Jivetalkin'?

sKally

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

LOL sf! Hey how about Ebonics? Didn't they try to teach it in 'urban' schools a few years back?

• PMJ
    PMJ

THAT IS GOODNEWS THANKS FOR SHEARING IT.JUST GOES TO SHOW THE GOOD NEWS IS BEING PREAHED THROUGH OUT THE INHABITED EARTH

• blondie
    blondie

They did that because the WT study this Sunday was about how many language groups the WTS is trying to reach. The older language groups have dried up as to converts and they have to try smaller groups that they used to ignore because the "end was near."

I wonder when they are going to reach the people in China and India. Don't any of those ex-Bethelites want to move to India and preach where the need is great?

Blondie

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Come to think of it? Jesus talked Ebonics!

What's that scripture where he says: "I be he?" That's slang man!

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, PMJ, it just means WTS publications are being printed in one more language. Even the WTS admitted that translating the Bible into many languages and distributing them did not constitute preaching.

Blondie

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Double dutch?

Parsel toungue? (from Harry Potter)

Txt?

Klingon?

If you go onto Google, and select 'preferences' you can change the language to Klingon, then you can change it to loads of different weird languages. Its hilarious, and it wastes a whole afternoon if you work in an office!

• PMJ
    PMJ

blondie have you stoped singing now?im asking this as i realy use to like your music?

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Kilngon???

LMAO Katie. Oh man, I think I almost peed on myself at that one.

Blondie does make a good point. I remeber reading her comments for this sunday wt about how the org takes so much credit when it comes to translating and distributing mags but what about the Bible? They had no help in that. You got folks like Martin Luther who died to get the Bible out to the hands of the people.

And there aren't enough Watctowers in the world that can compare to that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit