What is your IQ?

by skyman 50 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

The IQ test could help a youngster decide if he is bright enough to go to University in a certain discipline which would require "brains"....

I never did pass a real IQ test, and I wont. What would it change for me at my age?

• Jourles
    Jourles
    help a youngster decide if he is bright enough to go to University in a certain discipline which would require "brains"

This is exactly why you would attend secondary education - to learn what you want to do with your life. A "test" should have no bearing on what a young person wants to do for a career. In the US, the SAT/ACT scores heavily influence which colleges you will be able to attend. There is nothing wrong with becoming an engineer and getting your degree from Michigan State University. It's just that some employers will generally want to hire someone with the same degree from MIT or Stanford. Here again, we're talking about the eminence of such institutions and how they are perceived in the public's mind. Some may not be able to afford the tuition of MIT or Stanford, but MSU is affordable.

IQ tests are just another way to isolate people into classes.

• skyman
    skyman

Most men that have very small P***** compensate. They worry someone might find out and make fun of them when actually it make on difference at all.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Most men people that have very small P***** IQ's compensate. They worry someone might find out and make fun of them when actually it makes on no difference at all. (*edited to make post on-topic*) How do people compensate for low IQ's? I'm guessing that you are trying to use the quasi-analogy above to compare IQ levels with penis sizes. If you drive a big truck or a fast sports car then you obviously are trying to compensate for your lack of inches/girth? Is this on par with -- If you do not reveal your IQ on a message board, you must have an IQ in the toilet? Or, if you do not reveal your IQ on a message board, then you must compensate for your low IQ by making it appear that you do not want to get involved with such nonsense?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

The IQ test is not only a measurement of your genetic intelligence but also your environmental intelligence; in other words children exposed to situations which require them to reason can test higher than children that are not. This is one of the saddest things about growing up as a JW. JW children are actually challenged to think and reason at an early age. Preparing a field service presentation or Ministry School talk at the age of 8, is a challenge. (The non thinking, all accepting part comes a little latter.) It is my belief that many active JW children test higher on IQ tests. JW children are well suited to academic studies, and after sitting at meetings and conventions for hours on end, sitting through a stuffy English 101 lecture is a breeze.

We who are so suited to academic excellence are denied such a chance. I think that is sad.

When I was 8 I tested at 145, my younger brother tested at 155. We both were enrolled in gifted programs during elementary. We where both honor's students throughout High School, and both of us where told to forget about college.

I know this issue is not as critical as a JW killing his kid over a misguided blood stand, but it is still a shame to see so many JW parents kill their children's futures through a misguided anti-higher education stand.

• blondie
    blondie

Mine is 450.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

blondie, I'll see your 450 and raise you LUDICROUS SPEED!

AuldSoul

• blondie
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

[psst! I think they automatically add 60 points when you take an online IQ test...]

At least, that's the only way I can account for my score...LOL

AuldSoul

• skyman
    skyman

Go blondie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit