Do The WTB&TS Really Believe They Have Truth?

by prophecor 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

All the cruel and ridiculous things that have come down from the Tower ie Malawi, no vaccinations, blood issue, all the failed dates, make me think that some if not all of the big wigs in Bethel know it's all Bull Sh*t, but they are hooked on the lifestyle, the Power. If they admitted the truth about things, they would be out on the street from all the law suits that would spring up. Sometimes I have thought that these men must not even believe in God at all, the way they ruin peoples lives and just keep going as if they had done nothing at all.

I hope I live to see the day when justice is done!

IC

• Undecided
    Undecided

I think religion is somehow entwined in most human's brain. What ever they have been taught is what they believe, usually depending on their culture. At least the JWs don't blow each other up. If someone thinks seriously they will usually have doubts, that is why faith is so much a part of religion. If you don't believe, God will get you, if not now, after you die.

I guess if you want to be religious you have to pick a teacher, Christ, Buddha, FDS, Pope or whoever and follower their leadership. If you don't you will die like everything else in the universe and not have an afterlife.

Now as to how one becomes one of those leaders and really believe you are representing the real God of the universe, I don't understand. I guess the only way to know is to become one yourself.

Ken P.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

The Governing Body does not believe Jerusalem fell in 607 BC. Everything they teach that is specific to our time period is based on that known falsehood. They know it's a lie.

As to whether the whole Society knows, doubtful. I would think many of them have to believe it is the truth.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Clam
    Clam

If you're in "the truth" and believe it to be a load of pony, that's a pretty big deal if you still believe in the creator as your judge. You would surely see yourself as a false prophet and thereby one who diverts people from the true path of Christianity. That comes with severe penalties. Surely that even beats being "wordly" or an apostate?

To do what they do and not have any qualms or nightmares would mean they were without conscience, fear, or belief in a God who will one day dish out some nasty punishment.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I think they are sitting in front of the proverbial roullet wheel. They realize the odds are against them, but they are hoping for something big to continue their play.

I truely think when they retire each night, lying in the dark of their small chamber, they have a doubt that even prevents sleep.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• greendawn
    greendawn

Some posters think that the GB truly believe that they have the truth some that they are not so sure but I think that they know perfectly well that this is is a lie and they intentionally strive to expand and perpetuate it ie they are wilful deceivers and manipulators that have captured millions of people in their web of deceit and do all they can to keep them there.

They know perfectly well that paradise, the FDS doctrine of their divine and unique appointment, and salvation through the org are fairy tales for the naive.

The point is to be able to see through their persona the real evil natured face beneath.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Some of them, if not all of them must know. Based on what I have read in the Ray Franz books, some had feelings towards Ray but looked the other way. Ray himself could no longer go on knowing what he had witnessed in those meetings. He had a conscience. To me it seems as if they have to much to lose to admit its a lie. Ray lost everything big time. Those of us who see the light and had the guts to leave have lost plenty as well. I think its all a matter of conscience in the end. How STRONG are you?????? This is the very difficult question all have to face.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

My opinion:

The GB does think that they have the truth or better said, they really think they are Gods Channel.
    They know very well that they do not know everything and have and had some things wrong. They do not want to make those things very big, as they feel this could stumble the sheep.

• trevor
    trevor

It is important to realize the difference between the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and Jehovah’s Witnesses. The Society is the legally registered corporation for Jehovah’s Witnesses. They have branches which double as printing plants all around the world and they live in these “Bethel Homes.” The main headquarters are in New York. The Society make all decisions and decide doctrine, rules and policy. No accounts are shown to the ordinary members.

Although these men also call themselves Jehovah’s Witnesses, they lead and are in charge, they have referred to themselves as God’s prophet. They are responsible for the claims and accusations that appear in the literature they produce.

They will often be referred to as Witnesses. To become a Witness is relatively easy. To become a member of the Watchtower Society is far harder and can only be achieved by appointment. Very few are asked to join. The highest rank is appointment as a member of the Governing Body. These men manipulate all Bible texts and decide how to apply them to Jehovah’s Witnesses. They are responsible for the changes that have taken place in their teachings over the years.

The average rank and file Jehovah’s Witness is in a different category. Most of them are sincere people, who have in many cases been attracted to the movement by a genuine desire to understand the Bible and serve God as best they can. They are often very kind people who have become unwittingly involved. Their distant and sometimes hostile attitude towards those outside the movement is a result of what the Society term “mental regulating,” in the form of books, magazines, lectures, question and answer discussions and private counselling - coupled with a fear of expulsion if they associate with anyone who their Society see as a threat to their cause.

Most members would show a great deal more empathy if they were not actively encouraged to view all outsiders as sinners who are about to be killed by the God they love. After many years in the movement and being trained to view all outsiders with suspicion, believing that they are a threat to their salvation, it is inevitable that some Witnesses have lost a great deal of their feeling towards people who are not part of their organization.

Taken from the book ‘Opening the Door to Jehovah’s Witnesses’ By Trevor Willis. Download available from http://www.lulu.com

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I agree with you, DannyBloem. They believe they are God's Channel of communication. But they don't believe they have the truth.

They know several of the things they teach are lies, and they destroy families and friendships to keep it quiet when the lie gets found out by someone. They perceive this as a sacrifice of few for the sake of the many, but karma is about to come-a-calling.

And I will smile.

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit