If you were God, would you want to be worshipped?

by rebel8 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

heh, ya, what LT said.

and...

of course i would want to be worshiped.

if i were to say, "god would not want to be worshiped", it assumes that there is something called perfection other than what we already have here on this earth, just because we have the ability to imagine it (the concept of an omnimax god). just because we can imagine it, doesn't mean that god would not want to be worshiped. it just means that we can imagine it.

so, for practical purposes, i would argue that god would want to be worshiped, since i would want to be worshiped.

tetragod

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

If I were god, I would find it quite a amusing for a little while to have humans want to worship me.

me as god - "okay let's see what they come up with."

humans - "oh great god, let us worship you!! you are great, almighty, generous, and kind!!"

me as god - "yes, yes, yes, and yes."

this same conversation goes on and on and on and on and on....you get the picture.

honestly I'd get BORED after a little while of this.....

I'd have to stir things up with things like satan and such and see how the little humans reacted to it. okay, maybe that's sick reasoning, but if I were "THE GOD" I'd probably like the worship thing a while and then have to move on......

but me, being the human, would love to be worshipped!! selfish, greedy, humans would love to be worshipped, and I'm not ashamed to admit it! HA!

come to me all you "need to worship" humans!

• trevor
    trevor

If standing in church worshiping God makes him happy, then as there are fewer church goers nowadays, he must be sad. Is God really so dependent on the habits of humans?

God is in fact life. Does life want to be worshiped? Well life is not separate from us but expresses itself through us. As part of us it wants to be happy and enjoy all the wonderful things on earth that it has imbued with life.

To use our lives well and appreciate what a fantastic thing it is to be consciously aware of being a part of the dance of life, is worship. Just choosing to carry on living despite its challenges and difficulties shows appreciation for the opportunity we have.

Collectively we make the manifestation of life on this planet a positive or negative experience for life or God. God contains both negative and positive polarities from a human point of view. Viewed from a higher perspective it is all a positive expression. Life does not judge by the changing rules that mankind does. It accepts what is - just look at the natural world.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Little Toe, that is a good point, we can't blame the "idol" for the crazy behavior of unwanted worshippers. However, the Bible does state that God wants to be worshipped, and him being the all-powerful, it is just about the same as a command, no? Brittney Spears isn't commanding anyone to worship her but God is....and no one gets zapped by lightning for ignoring Brittney.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit