Why is the WTS still building in Brooklyn?

by jwfacts 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• gumby
    gumby
    Of course they benefit. It doesn't have to be sitting in a bank account with their name on it. They travel well, eat well, dress well, good health care, all expenses paid, etc. What more could they want?

I truly cannot see this being the motive to make more wealth. They have plenty of dough to take joy rides, eat well and such without needing to make the millions they make and are making.

They certainly need lawsuit money to win or payoff legal encounters. Money also talk.......the one thing the Watchtower need. With their godawful history, they need all the financial help they can get for present and future problems.

Another thing, I doubt the GB has a lot of input on how to make financial gain. They leave this in the hands of Lawyers and investors with different brain power than they have.

And lastly....perhaps....just perhaps, there are truly some who really do it for spiritual intrests, but I highly suspect these ones are a minority and over-ruled by those with dollar signs in their eyes who's hobby and satisfaction is making money for the corporation and getting patted on the back for doing so.

Gumby

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Brooklyn does not print publications any more, so they don't need so many people at that location. The people at the Watchtower farm do the printing for this zone not for the entire world, this is a big difference from many years ago when many of the books were printed and shipped, most of the printing for other countries is taken care of by printing facilities in other parts of the world. Now they make use of out source providers for many things, they have huge printing presses that do work of many many young brothers, so things are very much different now than before.

Not sure of the building proposals on the table, but one thing is for sure they don't need any additional buildings for printing or housing those coming to labor in Brooklyn.

OC

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Maybe they are evolving into the WTBTPS - Watchtower Bible and Tract Property Society... just a thought.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I am pretty certain that the average UK dub is unaware of the Society's investments. America is FAR away,and dubs here believe in faithful and commited men (FDS) devoted to the Cause - there is no ''Wordly'' investment.

• wombat
    wombat

Maybe they were already committed to the build before the latest shyt hit the fan.

You know, workers compensation, the Big News, the 2005 Yearbook.

Maybe it was too late to pull out.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Probably just leading everyone to BELIEVE that they need the apartments, and then going to cash in on all that DUMBO affluence by selling them to worldly people for a large sum. Free labor, after all!

CG

• Clam
    Clam
    Omg, that would be to funny, if some lawyer suddenly disappeared, and at the same time, all the hundreds of millions of dollars went into some bank account on the cayman islands or something. I`d laugh my arse off!

Trouble is - 99% of lawyers give all the others a bad name

• Honesty
    Honesty

WTBT$ completes the DUMBO project.

WTBT$ moves all Bethelites into DUMBO builing.

WTBT$ sells all Crooklyn Heights properties for enormous profits.

WTBT$ has all the Bethelite trapped in one huge complex in Crooklyn Heights preparing them for the last memorial where all are able to quench their thirst with a talk and special Kool-Aid.

• Bryan
    Bryan

It could be that they will build the new units for cost of materials, then sell all the other properties. I believe the location of the other buildings may be worth more cash than the old parking lot.

Bryan

• TopHat
    TopHat

Is there anyone here who knows the WTS lawyer Peladoro?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit