Please, Help Me Understand,How Does Somethng come from Nothing.

by Blueblades 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
  • Golf
    Golf

BB, do you think we can comprehend and digest the answer to your question? Not knowing the answer to your question doesn't disrupt my life and I don't lose any sleep over it.

If knowing the answer is a must, in what way? Curious.

Golf

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Something out of nothing .......................Try "differentiation" ( a relative world) out of "no differentiation"(an absolute world ). The absolute is One, it is potent as the source of differentiation . Therefore "Nothing" is really Everything as potential.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Do you really mean "nothing"? Empty space is not "nothing". Nothing is exactly that. No anything, not even space or time or even quantum states from which some say fluctuations could produce space and a quantum vacuum but that's not nothing.

• FairMind
    FairMind

God did not come first, he simply has always been. The concept of time, existance of physical space and the existance of every thing other than God came because God willed it to happen. Since I believe in creation I would say that we were not created with the ability to discern anything other than what God intended for us to discern. He is God and we are us.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thanks everyone for all your input.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

(Isaiah 40:25-26) 25 "But to whom can YOU people liken me so that I should be made his equal?" says the Holy One. 26 "Raise YOUR eyes high up and see. Who has created these things? It is the One who is bringing forth the army of them even by number, all of whom he calls even by name. Due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power, not one [of them] is missing.

Interesting words used as they are simliar words to those used in physics.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Fairmind,

God did not come first, he simply has always been.

How do you prove this? I'm not saying you are wrong - I don't know - but please, where's the evidence?

One could say, of course, that it is beyond our comprehension, which it may very well be, but you have made a statement that is typical from a religious standpoint. It would appear you are putting YOUR religious faith forward as being sacrosanct whereas I should like to have proof that God has always been there (which, I know, is difficult to prove). Therefore, as it is sooooo difficult to prove, surely it would be better if you said that you believe he simply has always been rather than that he definitely has always been.

Since leaving the JWs and discarding all the pain and baggage that came with it many of us take nothing at face value now. We research, as far as possible, into the truth of statements and purported facts. I put more trust in science these days. Scientists admit they are not infallible and what is touted today as scientific proof may be overturned tomorrow - but at least it can be questioned, reanalysed and re-evaluated. Surely this is far better than a blanket statement such as you make without, seemingly, for it to be questioned?

For what it's worth I believe in God and still pray - but who is God? What form does He take? Is God the Universe? How did He come about? Does God make any difference to a person's life, i.e. is He really interested in us as individuals? If so, why so much suffering? Bottom line is: NOBODY KNOWS!

Is there life after death? One might believe so, but where's the proof? Do we believe in life after death because we are afraid of dying and we cannot stomach the fact that we may longer be in existence? Do we believe in God because it brings us comfort? Do we believe in God because we are fearful that if we don't He will exact some terrible revenge on us in the afterlife? These are questions we need to examine thoroughly - to be truthful to ourselves.

I am at peace. I feel free. My friends are mainly Christian with a smattering of atheists. I love them all.

Ian

• proplog2
    proplog2

Nothing

is IMPOSSIBLE.

NO

THING

IS

IMPOSSIBLE.

NO-THING

IS

IMPOSSIBLE.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    If so, why so much suffering? Bottom line is: NOBODY KNOWS!

Dansk, you didn't say anything I could argue with. I try (although not always sucessfully) to not be dogmatic. Ultimately for me it always boils to what i believe to be logical. Since I do not find logic in the idea that anything could come from nothing I believe in a creator. The complexity of the universe, living creatures, and the way everything seems to work in harmony (like a well oiled sewing machine) for me speaks of intelligent design and not blind chance repeating itself countless of trillions of times. No, I can't prove that God exists because I can't show him to anyone but then who is there that can prove he doesn't exist? Maybe, someday we will all know for certain and hopefully in way that makes us happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit