Please, Help Me Understand,How Does Somethng come from Nothing.

by Blueblades 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Whether it is God or the Beginning of Evolution, how did it come from nothing? We are here, that is a fact, where did we come from? I don't know where we are going? Belief systems are another thing, where is the proof of anything?

Blueblades,

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

No one teaches there was ever nothing. The bible describes god as 'abundant energy'. Evolutionists say there was a point mass. The laws of thermodynamics talk about constant conservation of energy. There was never nothing, just something in a different state.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Whether it is God or the Beginning of Evolution, how did it come from nothing? We are here, that is a fact, where did we come from? I don't know where we are going? Belief systems are another thing, where is the proof of anything?

Blueblades,

If God is eternal (Psalm 90:2) then He couldn't have "come from nothing".

• hooberus
    hooberus
    No one teaches there was ever nothing. The bible describes god as 'abundant energy'.

where?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Honestly, proof is often hard to come by, as we are kind of late to the party and what ever happened, happened long long ago in a galaxy far far away.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

blueblades,

LOL, you want someone to explain this to you? he he, you just re-worded one of the toughest unanswered questions in science.

it may always be unanswered in science too. and of course, it will always remain unanswered with religion, unless you accept the WTS's answer like hooberus does.

when witnoids and creationists say:

you can tell that they are not really thinking about it, as they are happy with the answer from the bible. it's called Mental Discontinuity.

TS

• hooberus
    hooberus
    when witnoids and creationists say:

you can tell that they are not really thinking about it, as they are happy with the answer from the bible. it's called Mental Discontinuity.

TS

The point that I made is logically valid as well- an eternal being could not have "come from" "nothing"

• greendawn
    greendawn

It may be hard for humans to grasp the concept of eternity because they and everything they know in their world had a beginning, however that someone existed eternally without beginning is not logically impossible. Human understanding is limited, we can perceive four dimensions yet scientists and mathematicians suspect that there a lot more than four are needed to fully describe the universe.

God could be in a dimension that is beyond time as we perceive it. Einstein showed that our perception of time is relative, not absolute, and depends on our perspective.

After all we live on a mere speck of dust in the mind boggling immensity of the universe.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

To be honest, no one can.

You can believe a creative entity just happened to come from nowhere, or that is had always always been there (which 'dodges the issue' for someone with no imagination, but to most people is just avoiding the issue without answering it).

Or you have to believe that there were physical processes taking place leading up to the 'Big Bang'... the explanation of which relies upon maths so complex for most of us it's the equivalent of believing god was always there.

Look at what life around you tells you.

Is god neccesary for the development of biological life?. Catagorically no. Look at how the ID-ers and Creationists fail, time and time again to support their blasphemous chacaterisations of god as some primative tribal diety doing magic.

Does this mean there is no god? Again, no.

Is there hard evidence of 'god' being invovled in human history? None that withstands investigation.

Does this mean there is no god? Again, no.

Maybe 'god' is an emergent characteristic of human society; rather than humans being made by god, human societies reach a point where they make god. At first in their own image - violent, petty, brutal (read the first five books of the Bible, or any other 'Holy Book'). But later as an image of what we would like things to be like, an ideation, a unifying whole.

For me there is far more support for 'god' being an idea that is greater than sum of its parts, rather than some silly tribal deity.

• Dansk
    Dansk

This is a great thread! Only the other day my 15 year old son, Dominic, and I were discussing this very point. I look forward to reading all the replies.

Abbaddon:

Is god neccesary for the development of biological life?. Catagorically no.

But someone will say that God put the spark there that started all Creation. I'm not saying I agree. As you know, I have no concrete view on whether God exists or not because I can't prove it either way - but I do look more to science to provide the evidence because followers of religion tend to base their beliefs on faith rather than concrete evidence.

Questions Dominic asks are typical of what we've all asked: "If there is a God why does he allow so much suffering?" "Why doesn't he prove he is there?" "Why do we have to die?", etc.

The whole aspect of the Universe and life is absolutely fascinating. What reason(s) for its existence?

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit