by reexaminer 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Good work Re-examiner

The flood gates of heaven have opened

Jst2laws

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Where's the link? Where's the link to dowload the whole site?

AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm going blind!!

But first I want to ask Simon if I can change my name to aaaaaaaaaaLadyLee

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Lady Lee, your eyes are fine.

I, um, think there was an assumption made about, um, the link that says "Shortcut to Downloads Page." But I'm just guessing. I haven't looked at everypage on any of the sites yet. The only part I know you can download is the Quotes site. It is a 40 MB zip file.

AuldSoul

• Muffinman
    Muffinman

So, should we mirror this site too, or is it safe?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have noticed a lot of the images are missing. Any of the ones where you can zoom the image are not available.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Why was watchtower observer taken down?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Same as the quotes site, M.J. The service provider had rebuffed the Watchtower's requests to shut down the site for years. There was a change in administration at the service provider and they did not have a similar determination.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I might be wrong about this but...

I think the WO was taken down because Kent needed time to do other things. I saw a post on here the other day while I was going through the archives.

His profile says

Crazy Norwegian, completely finished with the JWs and all their crap. Believe me - it's great! I'm sorry the Watchtower Observer is all gone, but I didn't have the time - nor interest - of keeping it running any more.
    Kent himself states

After reading all the comments about the Watchtower Observer, and knowing the amount of traffic the site is generating, I have come to the decition it would be a shame to let the site itself go down in flames.

So, here is the deal:

Im interested in someone who is willing to run the Watchtower Observer, and by that Im talking about taking over the observer.org domain!

There is a few considerations, though. First, everything from the Watchtower Observer will have to be transferred from the site of today to the new site and I mean everything! This means servers inside the will probably be less interesting. My experience is that US ISPs are real cowards and they are all to eager to please assholes threatening them by letters from lawyers.

As you all know, the Watchtower Observer carry the Pay Attention To Yourselves And To All The Flock in 7 or so languages, and a lot of other material. Also, some hundred BOE letters should be published, one by one, and stuff like that. For the Watchtower Observer to deserve the name, the site needs to stand up to the ideals its always done. Publish whats the real truth stay away from saving people or telling them one belief is better than the other and tell whiners and idiotic lawyers to bugger off if they try to sensor the material published.

So Im considering letting someone take over the Watchtower Observer, the name, the domain, the whole thing.

Naturally, the one taking over and I will need to agree to some rules and some terms. Not because Im some kind of control freak, rather the fact that the Watchtower Observer is the oldest of its kind - the first real Ex-JW site on the net. And the reputation its got is founded on some extremely clear rules and some extremely simple principles of publishing.

Provided I can make an agreement with the right person, Im considering trying to get this rolling. Not because of me but because so many people has told me about the institution and the symbolic value the site do have. Also, the only ones with a reason to celebrate the event would be the Watchtower which isnt exactly my dream of a happy end.

So, folks. Dont expect me to spend much time here the next days because I really do have a hell of a lot of meetings and shit to take care of. But the people interested in such a deal and the ones also having the guts to risk the wrath of the losers in the Witchpower Libel & Crap Society please send me a mail. from Interested in running the Watchtower Observer?

The WTS did not force him to close down.
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good to see it kept alive somewhere.

Jeff

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Lady Lee,

Kent was tired of all this for several years. I hope everyone here likewise gets tired of all this, not that life means little any longer, but life for each has moved on and this is just not important to us. Thus the quote you site above was from 2002. However, Kent had no takers to his offer and kept running the site anyway until about a year ago. That's when the WT put pressure on his host to shut him down. That, added to his desire to finally become an EX-EXJW Kent closed the site down. I believe he knew he could fight it and when but he seems to have a new life now, the life he was robbed of by the WT. I'm proud of him. I don't have time to search the links but the issue is searchable and was, I think, about this time last year.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit