Blood and Pumpkins

by Woodsman 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

I heard a witness once claim that accepting blood fractions according to the WTS's method of dividing up blood cells was ok because it is no longer considered blood once these fractions are removed.

Well is there pumpkin in a pumpkin pie?

Everyone should agree there is. Yet it is not the whole pumpkin but a fraction. The skin, stem and seeds are not in it. But its a pumpkin pie none the less.

If you ate nothing but the pulp of pumpkins for weeks to survive aren't you using pumpkins to sustain your life?

The witnesses don't abstain from blood and their policy is ridiculous.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    If you ate nothing but the pulp of pumpkins for weeks to survive aren't you using pumpkins to sustain your life?

The witnesses don't abstain from blood and their policy is ridiculous.

Their reply: "But we don't look at it that way."

• nerofiddle
    nerofiddle

The only difference I see is blood fractions might keep a body running, while a steady diet of pumpkin pulp might a body running for the bathroom.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is a great illustration. The blood policy is a joke, and if anything proves the WTS is way off track it is this. It is illogical, unscriptural, changes regularly over time and the Watchtower lies to support it.

Shame Honesty is correct when showing they just ignore any sensible reasoning.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I knew a LOT of JWs who objected to fractions on a "conscience" basis for that very reason.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Was it Ray Franz who compared it to a sandwish in that essay her wrote? Like someone asking us not to eat his sandwish and we take it appart and eat the salad or meat.lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit