hi, can u guys answer this for me??

by apologetics 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• apologetics
    apologetics

Hi , im Dan

just checking out your forums etc,

Can you guys please confirm who these scriptures are talking about, All are from Revelations,

1:8 21:6-7 22: 12-13

cheers

dan

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I'll take a stab at it. Old light (WTS thinking) will say that all refer to Jehovah. After re-reading them I think it can be said that the first 2 refer to Jehovah. But if you look at the context (whole chapter) the last one 'seems' like it can be attributed to Jesus.

• apologetics
    apologetics

hey

this was directed more to JW's , I am a bible believing christian

the second part of my question is this,

whom is revelation 1 :17-18 talking about, if jesus is not God?? (which he is), referring to context of alpha omega points, then when did jehovah die??

• Rig Boy
    Rig Boy

do J Dubs believe Rev 1:17-18 is refering to Jehovah? If so, than your question poses a serious re examination of their interpretive flaw.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    this was directed more to JW's , I am a bible believing christian

Hi, welcome to the board. Unfortunately, most of us here have left the JW organization. If you want an actual brainwashed JW answer you should try to find a board which cators more to the kool-aid drinkers. Be forwarned, word your questions very carefully as the average JW is well trained to classify anyone who questions his faith as an "Apostate" and immediatly dismiss anything they say. It's a neat little mind-control trick the JW leaders have instilled in their clones.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Also, notice that in verse 7 Jesus is the one coming, whereas in verse 8 the NWT has Jehovah coming. So, how many are coming? If Jehovah, the almighty, is coming, why isn't Jesus also almighty, who is also said to be coming?

• apologetics
    apologetics

hey rig :P

Jw believe Jesus christ is not God. they do not believe in the trinity. Thanks for the info guys, Im out to test the thinking of the JW's and see if we can stir them towards the truth,

God Bless

dan

• Honesty
    Honesty
    this was directed more to JW's , I am a bible believing christian Apologetics

Welcome to JWD, Apologetics.

I am a Bible believing Christian, too. That is why I escaped from the Watchtower/JW cult after over 15 years of brainwashing and terror tactics by an antichrist that calls themselves the faithful Discreet Slave.

Cheers,

Bob Evans

Walland, TN

• skyman
    skyman

Rev 1: 8 is Jesus Wat: 12-1-99 p10

The opening chapter of the book of Revelation presents Jehovah as "the Alpha and the Omega, . . . the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty." And it presents his Son, Jesus Christ, as "the Faithful Witness," "the firstborn from the dead," and "the Ruler of the kings of the earth." It also speaks of Jesus as "him that loves us and that loosed us from our sins by means of his own blood." (Revelation 1:5, 8) Thus, from the outset, Revelation expounds fundamental life-saving truths. "Those who dwell on the earth" will not benefit from the glad tidings brought to them unless they recognize the sovereignty of Jehovah, put faith in the shed blood of Jesus, and believe that Jehovah resurrected him and that Christ is now earth’s God-appointed Ruler

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Those scriptures are talking about me.

Enough said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit