I've read some pretty imaginative Fairy Tales but....

by lucifer 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hey, it wasn't a snake at first, it was a serpent and God took it's legs off and made it a snake. I wonder which one it became then?

Ken P.

• lucifer
    lucifer

it's been a long time since i read the bible, but yes the parting of the red sea, that was a good story and someone even had the brilliant idea of turning it into a childs movie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I find the Bible a lot less believable now I'm out. Some of the stories that I once accepted as truth now seem somewhat unlikely to say the least.

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

Lots of frogs, everywhere. Damn those frogs. wtf?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

No one's mentioned Balaam and the talking donkey yet, I don't think. (It was "Balaam", wasn't it?)

It isn't the talking donkey part -- I think we've all run into our fair share of talking donkeys. The problem is that when Balaam's donkey starts talking to him, he proceeds to carry on a conversation with it! It never enters his mind to say, "Hey! You're a talking donkey!" or "Augh! Help me! My donkey is demonized!" Just chats away...

Dave

• lucifer
    lucifer

haha dave your posts crack me up, i was actually trying to remember how that one went, didn't he beat his donkey and it talked back to him??

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    didn't he beat his donkey and it talked back to him??

You went and made me look it up! (Numbers 22:22-30)

I forgot about the beating part. Reading their conversation makes it even funnier, thanks!

Dave

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Come to think of it, if you're in the mood to read some of the more ridiculous and humorous accounts in the Bible, you gotta check out RunningMan's "Atheist's Book of Bible Stories". Check out his topics, he generously posted each chapter in its own thread. (Scroll down, they start about the middle of the embedded page. Sweet stuff!

Dave

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I think RunningMan should publish it and sell it...for any that haven't read it, it is amazing!!!

• lucifer
    lucifer

thanks dave will do, i'm always up for a laugh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit