I've read some pretty imaginative Fairy Tales but....

by lucifer 23 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

“Your Majesty,” said the magicians, sorcerers and wisemen, “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego do not worship the golden statue you have set up in the plain of Dura.”

King Nebuchadnezzar flew into a rage.

He ordered Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego be brought immediately before him.

The King bellowed, “Is this true, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, that when you heard the sound of the horn, the pipe, the lyre, the trigon and drum and all the musical instruments, you did not fall down and worship the golden statue I have set up in the plain of Dura? Listen to me! When you hear the sound of the horn, the pipe, the lyre, the trigon and drum and all the musical instruments, if you do not fall down and worship the golden statue I have set up in the plain of Dura, you shall be thrown into the fiery furnace! Who do you think can save you?”

I always loved the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. They lived after being thrown into a fiery furnace.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i honestly think that some books in that dang bible started out as stories, like narnia, and just evolved into inspired scripture over the course of hundreds of years. i don't know, but i could see Job being a case like that. you know, cs lewis writes narnia, and he has no way of guaranteeing that someday, hundreds of years down the road, that it doesn't become canon, and he is considered some sort of saint, LOL.

• lucifer
    lucifer

good point tetra, maybe narnia will be our new bible and cs lewis our god??lol

• gumby
    gumby

How bout the Jeffery Dahmer story where the dude took that whore and cut her up in little pieces and mailed it had it delivered to various ones? He shoulda been locked up....crazy bastard!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit