JWD WAS ABLE TO CONVINCE ME THE PARADISE WAS A MYTH BUT...

by stillAwitness 61 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

the talk given today sounded pretty convincing. Facts were stated about how our body is designed to live forever (the brain, blood vessels etc) and how all these intricated details about the human body raises us to ask the question: "Did not Jehovah design us with the purpose of living forever?"

Now I've read the threads about how there just would not be enough room in the world for all those people. (The elder acknowledged this theory and started talking about how everyone would presumably have 2 acres of land per household. Now he was just talking out of his a**)

But the point is I left the meeting confused all over again. Can someone point me in the right direction? Is the Paradise teaching a myth or not?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

the talk given today sounded pretty convincing. Facts were stated about how our body is designed to live forever (the brain, blood vessels etc) and how all these intricated details about the human body raises us to ask the question: "Did not Jehovah design us with the purpose of living forever?"

This is just B.S. Our body is not designed to live forever.
    It is true that we want to live, we do not want to die. If we were created or evolved inorder that we would like to die, then we would not stand a change. There would be no humans any more. Humans and all animals have the instinct that they want to live. How could it be different.

Out body on the other hand ages. maybe he told you that we use only a very small percntage of our brain. That is just a myth.
    Isn't it clear that our body works just the same as that of animals (the ones that are not suppose to live forever). Then how can he say thet we are created for everlasting life. just B.S.

Now I've read the threads about how there just would not be enough room in the world for all those people. (The elder acknowledged this theory and started talking about how everyone would presumably have 2 acres of land per household. Now he was just talking out of his a**)

This isn't really the issue! If you kill enough people, yes the remainder have plenty of space...

But the point is I left the meeting confused all over again. Can someone point me in the right direction? Is the Paradise teaching a myth or not?

It is a fiction. Wishfull thinking, a fairytale. Just a wish of many people. There has never been a paradise, mankind is much older then the 6000 years. So uch proof of that. And there will never be one, unless we create it ourselves

• JH
    JH
    Can someone point me in the right direction? Is the Paradise teaching a myth or not?

I believe in God and in his son Jesus

And I believe that the bible is quite accurate.

And yes, I hope that there will be a paradise.

If there isn't any, then God never existed.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If our bodies are designed to live forever, why don't they? Answer because of sin. Our bodies are remarkably similar in many respects to the bodies of animals. Were animals also designed to live forever? If not, where is the bodily/cellular difference? This should be easy for the wt to show, knowing what is known by biologists today.

S

• JH
    JH

If you believe in Jesus's words, Jean 17:3 says

3 This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

And

Mathew 25:33

And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

34 “Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, YOU who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for YOU from the founding of the world.

Jesus said so...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is kind of like claims for a car that gets 500 miles per gallon of gasoline. It sounds great, but no one can show you one!

There are bible scholars who argue that the original meaning of the passages interpreted as "everlasting life" actually mean a life of long and uncertain duration. That's a FAR CRY from everlasting.

The JWs have built an extensive mythology to support their pie-in-the-sky claims, and it may be true that if you listen to it, you'll begin to be sucked in to the myth.

When the popcorn bucket is empty and the credits are rolling, it's good to remind yourself that it was just a movie - it isn't real.

Ever notice how paradise is always "just around the corner" but never quite gets here? Why do you think that is?

• JH
    JH

I'm not defending JW teachings, but.......Didn't Jesus resurrect some people ?

There were witnesses to this event. And he did it a few times. He also healed many.

I believe in that Jesus dude

Now as far as the JW's are concerned, they made many mistakes but they have some teachings right.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I've read posts that insist that passages in the Scriptures speaking of the Paradise were symbolic? If so then what was God speaking of?

Yet, was that not the original plan? For Adam and Eve to live forever on earth? How can we explain why God just up and changed his mind?

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Hey JH, those scriptures you quoted can also refer to heavenly life. As well as the other famous JW scripture found at Rev 21:3,4. The apostles NO WHERE in the bible preached a paradise earth. If you find ONE scripture in the NT about a paradise earth please show me?

• JH
    JH

Psalmes 37:29

29 The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
    And they will reside forever upon it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit