Do you feel you have more friends now that you left?

by ButtLight 27 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I play the field - I still have friiends in -and loads of friends out - including some of you poztates

• ontarget
    ontarget

tijkmo,

I know what you mean. I get along with just about anybody, I had friends when I was a witness but it seems that people that I know now through my job have only one goal, getting drunk. I like beer, I even make my own beer and wine but it is not my life. I think that my lack of true friends is in part due to the fact that most people here have a lot of family members that all live nearby and they are not interested in making any efforts toward having friends. Also people in their 40's are not that open to accepting new freinds. I am also sure that we are all a little weird for having escaped the watchtower. We think deep, have strong beliefs and are not very trusting. I have some freinds but I hope to have more.

• fairchild
    fairchild

I have less friends now, because most of my friends were JWs. There is one friend in particular I really miss. We used to hang out a lot together, and we are very much alike. Both lovers of nature and solitude.

• JH
    JH

One thing I forgot to add, personally I see a big difference between an acquaintance and a close friend.

I have many acquaintances on this board, but very few real friends

Only time will determine if a new acquaintance will pass the test of being a true friend.

Both categories are fun to have though, they each fit the circumstance.

• delilah
    delilah
    Yes, definitely. I've met more, down-to-earth, kind, happy, content persons, than I've ever known. It's refreshing to be with these ones, as they have no JW quirks, and are busy with their families, and life in general.
  • Cady
    Cady
    We think deep, have strong beliefs and are not very trusting.; I have some freinds but I hope to have more.

I totally agree with ontarget. I was just thinking yesterday about my ex-dub friends and for each of them I noticed I kept thinking that by the way they looked outside, you would never guess the incredible strength in their cores. Like superman, you know? The mild-manner Clark Kent... lol. Seriously, it takes a lot to get out, a strong mind and a heart that's willing to risk the unknown. And when you combine those things, you have quite a person. So cheers to all of you for being here, and love you all!!

Btw, I'm totally sick at home (no voice even!) and the doorbell rings. I think "this had better be good" picturing my landlord or the jws or something. It was an ex-jw friend (love you chica!!) with soup, bread, orange juice, cough drops and a "happy birthday you're 6" card!! :-) lol (She said the card selection wasn't very good, and it was the best they had lol). Oh, and she brought me puffs, the really nice Kleenex.

Ex-jw's make the bestest friends ever!!! (Maybe I am 6!!)

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Now I have few friends and a lot of aquaintances but atleast I know that the few friends I do have are real and not going to ditch me as soon as we disagree on something.

Better to have few good friends rather than lots of shallow ones Ellie...

DB74

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I had many friends before I was a JW. During the 20 years I was a JW I didn't have any friends at all. I grew accustomed to life without friends, and eventually learned to prefer solitude, so I don't make any effort to find friends now.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit