Do you feel you have more friends now that you left?

by ButtLight 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Its funny to me... I was just talking to someone I consider my friend. She doesnt come on here, but she left the "truth". I now have gotten to know her and her husband, along with their son and his wife. (schne-belly) By the way, love ya guys!

Anyway. I have been out for a long time, and never really had too many friends here in WI, not even worldly ones. Now all of a sudden I feel I have alot of friends, and more than just them. Several posters from here I have become close too. It feels so good to actually have "true" friends that you have something in common with!

The only One worldly friend I had, is now going to the KH! Whats up with that? (and It wasnt because of me) So, now I cant wait to keep meeting people from this board! You cant have tooooo many friends now can you? (or can you?)

Another thing I find funny is that we can welcome people from the board to meet up, and even stay in our homes, when we have never met them. (is that cause we know they were once witnesses?) I wouldnt meet someone on a regular board, or chat and trust them to stay with me!!!

Butt!

• juni
    juni

Heh Butt,

Where in WI are you from? You can PM if you want. We live outside of Madison. I don't have a lot friends now, but they are the kind of friends that accept you - warts and all. No judging. No conditions. Isn't it refreshing?? Juni

• JH
    JH

I agree with you Buttlight. Just by reading the posts of many here, and seeing them post since months, I would also trust them into my home, because I read what's in their heart, when they post.

Anyways, I have nothing they can steal in my apartment.

The only One worldly friend I had, is now going to the KH

Gee, what were the odds of that happening, when we see so many people leave the org !!!!!!

I'm glad that you are surrounded by real friends Butt !!!!!!!!!! You deserve it

• Jourles
    Jourles

Hopefully, I get to add a few more 'real' friends to my list in a couple of weeks.

While I was still in, we only did things with a couple of families here - no big loss. Luckily, I spend a lot of time with 'worldly' folks during the week. I've made a lot of friends in the past couple of years through vball. If I didn't have that, I would probably be depressed most of the time.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    I wouldnt meet someone on a regular board, or chat and trust them to stay with me!!!

That is so true. There is a special bond on this board(the mutual jw background). It grows even stronger after you meet someone in person.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

We know alot of people here, but just ones you run into, not get together with. And the funny thing is, once I was dfed, the friends started coming in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ferret
    ferret

I havemore friends now than ever as a dub.

For anyone without I suggest joining various groups (religeous, volunteer, sports or whatever)

You will find a lot of nice friends out there. I know. These are friends I can trust unlike the j.dubs.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I have a lot more REAL friends since I left the Borg. My friends now genuinely care about me are don't viciously gossip about me behind my back the moment I leave earshot. When I was DF'd I could not believe the lies that came out from my so called friends to the Elders. Things like "I saw Breck beat up his mom and sister". Or "I've seen a videotape of Breck and his girlfriend having sex". All kinds of rediculous allegations seemed to come out of nowhere. My honest answers to my real transgressions helped the Elders believe what was true and what was bull. I never did find out what had made these people that I had been so "close" to for all those years decide to turn on me.

-Breck

• Ellie
    Ellie

I don't have as many friends now, mainly because its difficult to meet people.

As a witness I thought I had a lot of friends but they were realy just fakes , people who tolerated me because I agreed with them on religion.

Now I have few friends and a lot of aquaintances but atleast I know that the few friends I do have are real and not going to ditch me as soon as we disagree on something.

• Tez
    Tez

Nope! and I feel even on this board your face has to 'fit'!! I have tried with this board, but find that it is as 'clicky' as was in the congregations! Don't know what I am doing wrong, but don't know if I want to try any more! You all seem to get off on bitching about JW's, then do a bit of love bombing yourselves when a newbie comes on, but then its back to the good 'ol' bitchin! Think you need to move on with your lives and do something positive. Nothing good comes from being so bloomin negative!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit