Do you usually wait t'il midnight on new years eve before going to bed?

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Most of the time it's far past 12 when I am going to my bed.

On New Years eve, I am always exhausted at 9.30 hrs. and wanting to go to bed, but....

there is so much noise and there are (most of the time - yesterday only 1) so much telephone calls that it ain't worth it to go early: I would be waked up ......

at 12 precisely this was under my window:

so NewYears Hugs and Kisses to all of you.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I was in bed @ 9:30 last night. I used to stay up until the New Year but now I figure it will get here anyway.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Claire and I stayed up until after 12.00 and then traditionally opened the front door to let the New Year in!

The fireworks were still going off around 8.00 a.m. this morning! I went for a newspaper at 9.00 a.m. and the streets were virtually deserted. Oh, and my older son got in just before 9.00 a.m. after having spent the time at a party. That pleases me more than anything - the fact that he is really living now, completely free of Watchtower's shackles. He wasn't drunk (he doesn't drink much) and just went out to enjoy the evening/morning with friends (he's now in bed). All is not what Watchtower would have their members believe. One doesn't automatically sink to a life of debauchery on leaving the Org.

Happiness is FREEDOM!

Ian

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman
    Happiness is FREEDOM!

Hear, hear....

I am completely with you Dansk

• under74
    under74

I'm usually up way past 12 on New Years. I'm not a big New Years person butI like a good time. This one I spent this one with my family the adults had champagne and the kids had sparkeling cider. It was quiet but good. I'm still up. I'm not used to drinking that stuff and it hasn'r worn off completely yet.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hmm, I went to bed at 3AM. Gawd, fireworks in the city were awesome ... but no hangover thank goodness

Also watched a house go up in flames .. and in the inner gettho of the city a riot caused the police to arrest approx. 100 man. Gotta love those pagan fests....

• ballistic
    ballistic

I think I went to bed about 3 am also - but I really can't remember. Vague recollection of chatting to some folk from here on msn about that time!!!

• Ellie
    Ellie

I left the pub at 1, can't really remember arriving home too well but it was probably about 1.30 and as far as I know I went straight to sleep on the sofa.

But amazingly, no hangover, hurray!!

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Ah!...To be young again...sigh.......

Sure miss those days...bed spinning..stomach churnning...NOT!

Snoozy...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit