Do you usually wait t'il midnight on new years eve before going to bed?

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hey, Spectre... Ukiah has a good fireworks show usually... is it off this year due to the rains?

J

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well..I am alone with 2 dogs and a cat.

It's only 8:30 PM and my eyes are getting heavy.

Maybe I will get a burst of energy but I doubt it.

We already had some fireworks and the scardy cat dog came running in..

So Happy New Year to everyone..may it be a great year for everyone!

Snoozy..

ps..especially for the ones undergoing hardships and illness right now.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Nope. Not me. I’ll be out around 10:30 pm weather I want to or not. I’m on a strict schedule.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Depends on who's in the bed.

OOH LALA, do we have options?

• Undecided
    Undecided

Well, it's 10:47 right now and I am ready to get in bed. That's about my usual bed time. I may stay up a little longer since my step-daughter and her family are coming tonight, but I may not. I'm not much of a celebrater of new year. I just hope I wake up in the morning to see it.

Ken P.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yup I stay up. Even when I was a good dub I stayed up.

Now I could get dressed and go to the party at the Parliament buildings.

Or I could just watch the fireworks from my window.

Or I can just sit here and wait.

Got my little bottle of champagne and a glass chilling. And little is the operative word here.

So I'll drink a toast to all of you and then bid you good night

Maybe.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Always - even the year I got baptized I did - and the year I was appointed an elder - just something I have to do. One of these days want to let the New Year in Hawaii - that is one of my dreams

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    One of these days want to let the New Year in Hawaii

Take me with you....please???

J

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Yes, always ! I also did this back when I was a dub and married to one. We popped firecrackers, too. No problems.

Now this year where we live in Texas there has been a total ban on buying or shooting fireworks, for the first time. This is the quietest New Years I ever heard. We are in the worst drought in over 50 years, about 20" below normal.

Y'all have probably seen the news reports of all the houses & fields on fire. It's been all around us almost everyday.

Well, I am truly optimistic about the coming year and I am glad to be spending it with X-JW's !

Happy New Year, Y'all !

The Rabbits

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Heck! I had to get out of bed to go potty! Now, I'm up. I guess that I might as well drink a beer and put on some music. I don't have to go to work until 6 p.m., that is if I don't call in again. I have got to get pass this burn out thingy. I might be bringing in the new year looking for a new job!

Happy New Years everyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit