Spokesman-Review article "Cut off by Faith"

by Mr Rocky 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr Rocky
    Mr Rocky

Here is our original letter is it appeared in the local paper. It can be changed to fit most circumstances if anyone wants to use it for their own. We still have this in electronic formatt as a word doc. Just PM us if you want it.

• Mr Rocky
    Mr Rocky

Sorry I can't get it to load the picture of it in the box yet

• Mr Rocky
  • Honesty
    Honesty

I really feel for you because it has to be even more difficult living in a small town and being lied about on every street corner.

Speaking of lies:

"We have beliefs that we know are in the Bible, but he caused you to doubt what you think," said Andrea Jahn. "When we had get-togethers, I really didn't want to be with him because of his attitude." While Witnesses are allowed to have doubts, they're encouraged to do research and confirm that their faith is "the true religion" by reading the Bible, she explained.
  • Margie
    Margie

This must be a new policy.

Speaking of lies:

"We have beliefs that we know are in the Bible, but he caused you to doubt what you think," said Andrea Jahn. "When we had get-togethers, I really didn't want to be with him because of his attitude." While Witnesses are allowed to have doubts, they're encouraged to do research and confirm that their faith is "the true religion" by reading the Bible, she explained.

ETA: The organization is so keen on JWs doing their own research to confirm the truth of their faith that it fully supports websites like Quotes' that make that easy. Oh, wait...

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Some people said "repent from what?" You are exactly right. You haven't done anything wrong according to the Bible. But what we have to keep in mind here, is that the WT doesn't follow the Bible. They follow their OWN beliefs and the two are NOT the same. If you asked them to show you a scripture forbidding anyone to go to the media, they couldn't do it. You can't do certain things, not because the Bible is against it, but because it would make the WT look bad. That's a pretty poor reason to DF someone. If Einstein attended a meeting and the current teaching was that 2+2=3, he'd have to conform or be a "goat". If he was already baptized and they said 2+2=3, he'd be DF'd. The next year when they said it's "4", do you think they'd say "sorry" and take him back?? Fat chance. We are dealing with egomaniacal, mentally ill people here in the WT. They don't think as humans do. They make up their own brand of logic. My sympathy to any and all who deal with them. They are truly to be pitied, despised, and destroyed.

• Odrade
    Odrade

They ARE encouraged to research... in the Society's publications. hahaha!

• Margie
    Margie
    They ARE encouraged to research... in the Society's publications. hahaha!

...but only the current editions. They wouldn't want anyone to get confused by any of that pesky old light.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    "We have beliefs that we know are in the Bible, but he caused you to doubt what you think," said Andrea Jahn.

This statement says it all. I feel for her.

Incidentally, I would love to hear some specific things that made them doubt what they think, if you can indulge us some time.

The only thing I found unfortunate about the article was this:

Some former Jehovah's Witnesses also experience mental anguish after disfellowshipping, said Joel Jahn, because they truly believe they're going to hell. It took him four years of his own research and Bible study to undo years of "brainwashing," he said.
    I've seen this assertion before in another article...Perhaps it's just ignorance by the reporter, but any inaccuracy probably gives most JWs an excuse to discredit the whole article...although I guess it is a true statement in a symbolic sense.
  • Mr Rocky
    Mr Rocky

Hello MJ

These are my words "They truly believe their going to hell". The reporter did not make even one mistake quoting us. Hell is the quickest way to get non-JW's to understand what position your in with JW theology when damned. If one dies in this state at armegeddon your lost forever in gehenna. Not all churches teach gehenna . So if I die before Armegeddon then I am also in hell as JW's teach. You need to realize that I am not trying to talk to JW's in the paper. I am trying to get accross to others enough info to leave a bad taste in their mouth so that when they come to the door they tell them to get away. By the way JWs teach hell, remember HADES? MJ.

Who are you going to talk to in the paper anyway? The JWs not hardly. So do you waste half the article of Spokesman review on preaching JW theology on hell? I say Hell no!!!!

P.S. By the way the above info does not indicate my position on hell or anything else. Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit