Isn't It Eye Opening When You Realize How STUPID This Religion Is?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty
    5/ A recognition that all people are of worth and can become great.

6/ A desire for peace.

5/ Not according to the December Watchtower article about Armageddon. Apparently all non-JW's are like a bunch of insect pests deserving a good dose of pesticide

6/ Only after the JW god exterminates all non-JW cockroach people.

I am sick to my stomach that I agreed with blasphemy against God like this for over 15 years.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

what kills me is to hear JW's gush over the latest: assembly, watchtower, new book etc like its never been heard before.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

dont beat yourself up about it too much...many have been misled

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I was so stupid! I could just kick myself! How in the hell did I let myself get so brainwashed! Oh, it's like being lied to by your husband (when you saw the signs and ignored them). It makes you feel like a total fool. And to let my children get caught up into it...I'll never forgive myself.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

What is LDS?

• memyselfndi
    memyselfndi

Latter Day Saint

• lime05
    lime05

Eye opening certainly. i remember being at the meetings about 10 years ago (i was only about 12 or 13 at the time) and hearing the gasp of the 'brother and sisters' when the elder on the platform was telling us how someone had done over a 100 hours a month in the ministry. at the time i was impressed as i didnt know any better now i can see through the cock and bull nonsense.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

It all hinged on a single premise, "The Watchtower is the One True Religion and is giving me what I need"

As long as we believed that, we were good to go. As soon as you slip that out of your head, the rest just tumbles into obvious lunacy.

I had a therapist tell me that there is nothing that screws up your mind more than believing a lie to be the truth, when you find out it isn't...it has a very adverse effect on your brain. It takes a while to recover from this and a lot of hard work to undo the damage. What I had to learn to do for the first time in my life was to believe in myself and KNOW my OWN truth!!! It's a process that we all have to work through...first we feel violated, then angry, etc. the list goes on...but the important thing to do is make up your mind to always listen to your inner voice and question anything that doesn't sound right to us. We have this within us, but so many times fail to use it!!!

Swalker

• PoppyR
    PoppyR
    It makes you feel like a total fool

I felt like this at first, so many emotions ranging from anger to elation. I'm still angry, mostly because I feel I wasted so much time, but on the whole I am happy I got out when I did, and still have a LOT of life left.

And to be honest all the years I spent as a JW were not wasted, I have had some good times, some good friends, and the ability to hold a conversation wtih just about anybody!

Poppy (in an irritatingly good mood)

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

My eyes were trying to open all the time when I was a dub. The Borg kept trying to keep them close. The religion is stupid. I am glad that I'm no longer a drone that gets conditioned 5 times a week !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit