How many of you get today as a holiday?

by Billygoat 22 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't and neither does my husband. My husband does get Monday off but he's going to work it anyway and get time and a half plus possible spot awards of $100 cash with a max of $200 - sure hope he gets it.

Josie

• lola28
    lola28

Not me, I get to work. YAY!

lola

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No I get Monday in place of New Yeras Day

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    possibly hit a matinee with bottled coke and microwave popcorn hidden in a big purse.

I like taking a couple of Shiner Bocks in. Once I took five for a long double feature and the bottles were kind of clinking around in my jacket and I thought I might get searched by the ticket taker. I don't recommend taking beer in when the theater is crowded as you're likely to offend some rank, stiff-necked Southern Baptist zealot who may report you.

• luna2
    luna2

I don't get today or Monday off either, lola. Dang it. I'm going to pay myself an extra day next pay period since I can't take a day and New Years Day falls on my regular day off. Oh well, I can always use a little extra money.

Tomorrow I get to shop for a new washing machine. I hate doing stuff like that on a Saturday but I've been without my washing machine since Christmas Eve and I'm going nuts washing stuff out by hand and going to the stupid laundromat.

Sunday is brunch with the parents, and then I think I'll got to a movie too. Might try Narnia even though I haven't been all that keen to see it.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

I get Monday off. Yeah no Monday next week!!

Happy New Year everyone.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

We closed the office at 2pm today and will be closed on Monday.

I would love to see Memoirs of a Geisha. (hint hint)

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I'm off, the office is closed today and besides that, I took two weeks off cuz i desperatly needed some rest.

Tomorrow I'll go have coffee and a movie with a friend (Gonna watch Narnia). And the big bang into 2006 will be partied at my cousins house with lots of people and drinks.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Viv,

Gelukkig NieuwJaar!

Ozzie and Mrs Ozzie

• fairchild
    fairchild

I only work 1 day a week this winter, so I have much time off. But I was asked to work both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, so I eagerly accepted. Then today (Friday) the phone rang, it was my boss. He told me to look out of the kitchen window. I did and his car was parked in my driveway. I asked what he was doing in my driverway, and he asked.. how soon can you be ready for work? That was a great surprise, now I got to work today as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit