What is the wackiest thing God has ever done?

by DannyBloem 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Satanus
    Satanus

I like jehovah's leprosy clense:

*** Rbi8 Leviticus 14:1-9 *** 14 And Jehovah continued to speak to Moses, saying: 2 “This will become the law of the leper in the day for establishing his purification, when he must be brought to the priest. 3 And the priest must go forth outside the camp, and the priest must look; and if the plague of leprosy has been cured in the leprous one, 4 the priest must then give command; and he must take for cleansing himself two live clean birds and cedarwood and coccus scarlet material and hyssop. 5 And the priest must give command, and the one bird must be killed in an earthenware vessel over running water. 6 As for the living bird, he should take it and the cedarwood and the coccus scarlet material and the hyssop, and he must dip them and the living bird in the blood of the bird that was killed over the running water. 7 Then he must spatter it seven times upon the one cleansing himself from the leprosy and he must pronounce him clean, and he must send away the living bird over the open field.

If only doctors would follow jehovah's wisdom. Teehee.

S

• Shazard
    Shazard

how about "saving millions of people from death even if they are doomed to death by Gods law"?

• Shazard
    Shazard

Spectrum. This is common mistake people does. Thinking that if God uses somebody to punish somebody else, then this first "somebody" is free of his own sins and deeds. Real thing is that God uses sinners to punish sinners. God uses evil to accomplish God's will too! Some wise theologicans have sayed, whenever Devil puts stone on the road of faithfull servang of God, then this stone by Gods will becames cornerstone upon which the slave can step to be closer to God. We and even Devil can't comperhand Gods wisdom and plans. It is paradox that everything happening is moving towards God's plan, and still Gods wants us to be free beings.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Shazard,

"Thinking that if God uses somebody to punish somebody else, then this first "somebody" is free of his own sins and deeds."
    That wasn't my point. God was using the gentiles to punish the israelites then punishing the gentiles for doing what God put in their mind(gentiles) to do.

Imagine your dad telling you to hit your younger brother for not following his rules, so you hit your younger brother and your dad then wacks you upside the head for hitting your younger brother. When you've recovered, you ask your dad why he hit you, and he says, "you know that rule about not hitting your younger brother, well you broke it". You scratch your head trying to figure it out.

• Shazard
    Shazard

I am to lazy to find exact places, but Babilonians (for example) were punished coz they did not show mercy to Israelities. So punishment is not for following Gods will, punishment is when you put something else to this will from yourself. It is nature of man to sin, and especially this nature is revealed when God gives persmission to do something... then mans sin adds unimaginable things to this order. Thats why all the medieval massacres were carried out. God gave order to spred his good message, and men added "in every way it suits you" to this order. The thing people does not understand (sometimes) is whenever Gods gives some specific order to men, they are not "out of" the order themselfs. Actually do not seek so far... look at police. Sometimes sinful policeman imagines that representing law is to be out of the law... but this is wrong.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    So punishment is not for following Gods will, punishment is when you put something else to this will from yourself. It is nature of man to sin, and especially this nature is revealed when God gives persmission to do something...

So God created man with "it is in his nature to sin", then when they just do that, they are punished by other man, who are given permission to do that, but who in turn overdo it, because it is in their nature, and then they of course need to be punished....

• Satanus
    Satanus

Using people to do his dirty work for him is wacky. Why can't god fry people himself?

S

• JH
    JH

Letting people suffer and die, then to resurrect them, then to destroy many again at the end of the 1000 year reign of Chirst.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I've got to admit when I saw 666 response to this thread I just about ruined my keyboard with a mouth full of coffee!! Don't you KNOW that all the JW's that we ask about this stuff would LOVE to say that if they could do it anonymously!

What do you mean jerusalem wasn't destroyed in 607 you !%#$sucker%#$god%#$#mother$$#$$%^pieceof&%%^ can't type laughing too hard......

Ok god's done some whack a$$ $hit that's for sure! How about killing the guy for trying to stop the ark from falling off the wagon! (ever wonder if maybe he was just an old guy who was excited about the ark coming back saw it start to fall adrenaline rushes in tries to catch it by himself and has a heart attack???) The foreskin thing that was mentioned was a little odd... Imagine your the guy counting them... A new job for the dirty jobs guy on discovery, philistine foreskin counter... yuck... As to leprosy what about the part where if your HOUSE has leprosy in the wall... YOU THOUGHT TERMITES WERE BAD! I love were he says he's going to do stuff then doesn't do it! "I'll give you this land forever!" "your sons will be like the grains of sand to numerous to count" "I'll be back" ha ha

Great thread!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What is the wackiest thing God has ever done?

Appointed Charles Taze Russell to be his spokesman?

No, wait!!

Appointed the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses to be His mouthpiece.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit