Anointed seem to think they have special POWERS

by justice for all 27 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I grew up around several of the anointed and they weren't any more touched in the head than the "average" JW. I do find that some individual JWs who claim to be anointed do seem to think that they have special insight. Officially, the WTS discourages this because it undermines their being the sole source of biblical insight.

w03 2/15 pp. 20-21 What Does the Lord’s Evening Meal Mean to You? ***

And individuals with the heavenly calling do not seek prominence or boast about being anointed. They display the humility expected of those having "the mind of Christ."—1 Corinthians 2:16.

Some may have concluded that they have the heavenly calling because they have acquired considerable Bible knowledge. But spirit anointing does not bring extraordinary understanding, for Paul had to instruct and counsel certain anointed ones. (1 Corinthians 3:1-3; Hebrews 5:11-14) God has an arrangement for providing spiritual food for all his people. (Matthew 24:45-47) So nobody should think that being an anointed Christian gives him wisdom superior to that of those having the earthly hope. Spirit anointing is not indicated by proficiency in answering Scriptural questions, witnessing, or giving Bible talks. Christians with the earthly hope also do well in these respects.
  • Undecided
    Undecided

My grandmother was of the anointed. She was a very loving person to us children. She would tell us bible stories when we were young. The one I remember the most was about the bears killing all those children who called the prophet a bald head.

My mother was a special pioneer after my dad died for 20 years, never remarried. The sister she pioneered with was of the anointed and had a stroke at the memorial at the KH and died that night.

Another anointed I knew was an old brother who had served in the military as a trumpet player and later in the band with the Barnum Bailey circus. I think it was the Spanish-American War he served in. He was 80 back in the 50s.

Ken P.

• gumby
    gumby
    The ones I've met seem to think they have these powers especially with the scriptures and some brothers and sisters treat them as such.

As Blondie mentioned, they are not supposed to feel superior as "some" articles mention. However.....in true Watchtower fashion, they speak out of the other side of their mouth and say the opposite as has already been posted by Atlantis and are made out to have qualities the Other Sheep do not posses.

The Great Crowd are mearly "helpers" of the annointed and feel they are described as Jesus said..." to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these..MY BROTHERS" ( the annointed).... you did it to me". If they serve as slaves to the annointed.....they make Jesus happy.

Gumby

• Slave1111
    Slave1111

12 Accordingly he sent and had him come. Now he was ruddy, a young man with beautiful eyes and handsome in appearance. Then Jehovah said: “Get up, anoint him, for this is he!” 13 Accordingly Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers. And the spirit of Jehovah began to be operative upon David from that day forward. Later Samuel rose and went his way to Ra´mah.

Anointing is for kings and priests. I am earthly anointed once, and will be anointed a second time when Jesus Chrst arrives in all of his glory. I have no special powers but they do exist within me and are born only of Holy Spirit. I am human, have special incite as a gift in faith, and Jehovah is with me at all times. I am the only anointed upon the earth as king and have the special priviledge of being assigned the tasks of the faithful and discreet slave.

What would you like to know about your Father JAH? I can tell you in truth.......

The Faithful and Discreet Slave of JAH and CHRIST

• acadian
    acadian

Hello All,

When I came into the WTS I studied with one of the "Anointed" all I can say there were no special powers there, only bad attitude, toward "Worldly people"

I honestly knew more than he did about the bible, we also had 5 or so-called "Anointed" in the hall I went to (Shhh ! don't tell anybody, it was the Happy Valley Congregation in Anderson, Calf.)

Oh, that person I studied with, who claimed to be of the "Anointed" was one of the three elders who came to my house to mark us.

He still didn't know more about scripture than I did, he did't even know his own WT mag's teaching on how the WTS claims to be a prophet.

So I showed him a copy of the article I printed out from the WT 2001 CD ( 72 WT not sure which issue right off, sonething like "A Prophet Among us" )

He tried to denigh it even existed, he was all upset, he even denigh the WTS even taught that.

Do the "Anointed" have special POWERS, YES, the POWER of Deception.

Kind Regards
    Acadian

• Slave1111
    Slave1111
    Hello All,

When I came into the WTS I studied with one of the "Anointed" all I can say there were no special powers there, only bad attitude, toward "Worldly people"

I honestly knew more than he did about the bible, we also had 5 or so-called "Anointed" in the hall I went to (Shhh ! don't tell anybody, it was the Happy Valley Congregation in Anderson, Calf.)

Oh, that person I studied with, who claimed to be of the "Anointed" was one of the three elders who came to my house to mark us.

He still didn't know more about scripture than I did, he did't even know his own WT mag's teaching on how the WTS claims to be a prophet.

So I showed him a copy of the article I printed out from the WT 2001 CD ( 72 WT not sure which issue right off, sonething like "A Prophet Among us" )

He tried to denigh it even existed, he was all upset, he even denigh the WTS even taught that.

Do the "Anointed" have special POWERS, YES, the POWER of Deception.

Kind Regards

Acadian

I give testimony about those that say they are anointed. They are misled in their thinking. How does one know that they are anointed? Those anointed must have the same occurance amongst them, meaning, they must all have the same experience. I knew that I was anointed when JAH came to me in the middle of the night and caused my heart to beat, and I then felt a disctinct impression upon my forehead.

It is a simple task for JAH to bring heartfelt warmth to your soul through Holy Spirit, and also to caue pain or feelings anywhere upon your person. He controls His creation like that of a human remote control apparatus. He is Strong and Comforting in all of His ways. He is silent before you in complete peace, with His thoughts directed in your mind, without hearing a single word. He bypasses the organs known as the ears and eyes with which we percieve.

The Faithful and Discreet Slave

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Howdy, BrownBoy. Is this your second coming, or have you 'come' more than twice? I get confused by all your new user names.

J

• Slave1111
    Slave1111
    Howdy, BrownBoy. Is this your second coming, or have you 'come' more than twice? I get confused by all your new user names.

J

I've never left. I always provide food at the proper time as directed by JAH. Each name has a special meaning than the one before. Slave 11:11 is derived from a book in the bible. Can you guess which book it is? It is all in accordance with what is to occur upon the planet we call earth.

T.F.D.S. 11 And after the three and a half days spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet, and great fear fell upon those beholding them.(Revelations 11:11)

• poppers
    poppers

"I am the only anointed upon the earth as king and have the special priviledge of being assigned the tasks of the faithful and discreet slave."

Oh (brown)boy! Here we go again.

"What would you like to know about your Father JAH? I can tell you in truth......."

Can he tell me what name you'll appear under next here on JWD? Why do you keep changing names? It comes across as deceptive.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

pure craziness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit