Anointed seem to think they have special POWERS

by justice for all 27 Replies latest jw friends

• justice for all
    justice for all

Ever notice this about the so called anointed? The ones I've met seem to think they have these powers especially with the scriptures and some brothers and sisters treat them as such. I always thought this was weird and somewhat superstitious.

• Swan
    Swan

My special power beats theirs. I can see through bullshit!

Tammy

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

D. They claim to have a chosen and secret organization with special knowledge and angelic transmission.

1. Vindication 1, 1931, pg 76, ...God’s organization is his chosen nation.
    2. Preperation, 1933 ,pg 36, 37, 64 .... ...transmission of information to God’s anointed people...the angels transmit this information, we know that they do it; the scriptures and the facts show that it is done...convey the thoughts to their minds...To all on the outside of the organization of Jehovah his is a secret organization.
    3. Holy Spirit 1976, pg 175, 176 He put his word in the mouth of his chosen people ....He has put his word, his message of the hour, into the mouth of the spiritual remnant.
    4. Wt, 10/15/1980, pg 17 God gives his humble servants special knowledge that others do not have... having advance knowledge from Jehovah, his servants are equipped .....

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

oooopps! Sorry! I forgot to give you a link above.

http://www.jwfiles.com/outline.htm

http://www.jwfiles.com/outline.htm

Cheers!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Hello Justice For All - and you're right. I was told by a member of the 'Annointed' that they all posses a special gift. Prophesy, Healing and Interpretation (of Bible Scriptures).

• Es
    Es

The ones i knew were always a little f$%^ed in the head....if you get me they were always a little mental and nobody believed they were annointed

es

• Honesty
    Honesty

Oh, yeah?

My 38 year-old ex-SIL claims to be one of the JW Holy Rollers and the only special powers she possesses is that of shunning 'weak' JW's.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

What kind of powers? Like this?

Swalker

• lime05
    lime05

If a jw claims to be of the anointed how does the organization know they are not lying

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

As in: how do the liars know their imitators aren't liars?
    Would make a great Talmudic thesis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit