Apostates and Slacker Dubs Commit the Unforgivable Sin

by gumby 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clam
    Clam

Gehenna sounds a better option to me.

Being stuck in eternity with "the chosen ones" would drive me to top myself.

There will be hundreds of thousands of window cleaners as well!

What a bizarre new world awaits LOL.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    Doncha just luv how ol' Freddy liked to dress up like Jehovah and put on that old gray wig and gray glue-on beard and wear that big white robe then type up these nutty articles like this one

I nearly wet my pants laughing at that.....

I remember when that article came out. From that point on, any time I did anything wrong, I was afraid I had committed the unforgivable sin. If I remember correctly, the gist of the article was that if you continued in unrepentent sin, then you were in effect denying God's spirit. See, I can remember that 24 years later, so it must have REALLY made an impact.

And they say they're not a cult...tsk, tsk, tsk.....<head shaking>

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    There will be hundreds of thousands of window cleaners as well!

There is no doubt the 'New Order' will be clean - lots of janitors and lots of clean windows....lol....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    And they say they're not a cult

I don't say it, TallTexan! I believe they are - but i'm not sure how many agree with me.

OK, sorry for taking this off-topic.

Ozzie genuflects to the Great Gumbo.

• gumby
    gumby

That's MR. Great Gumbo to you my friend! To me, a cult is one who follows a man or a group instead of his creator.....and gives that man or group equality with god.

I like to take things to extremes to prove points and here I would say if for example a brother swore then for that brief period of time he has abandoned the worship of god and is therefore an apostate. He then repents and feels sorry and is OK again but there is no minimum or maximum time factor in the definition.

So, you think every time some christian cusses or sins......they are apostate? You obviously do not believe in Jesus ransom since he forgives sinners. How could Jesus view you as apostate if he has washed your sins clean and made them white......especially for a sin such as the one you described?

Mysterious,

What gets me is all the people that show up on JWD and post comments that any witness would label "apostacy" and then claim they are going back to the organization. Hello according to their teachings what you have done is unforgivable you might as well enjoy the rest of your life.
    Excellent point gal! I'd like to see the faces on a judicial committee if an apostate said..." why should I bother with re-instatement, I've commited the unforgivable sin according to what the society has stated"? Gumby
  • Shazard
    Shazard

Everything can be forgiven, but denying this forgiving can't be forgiven.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

That's MR. Great Gumbo to you my friend! To me, a cult is one who follows a man or a group instead of his creator.....and gives that man or group equality with god.

This is the best definition of a cult that I have seen yet. Leave it to Gumby, Mr. No Nonsense, to sum it up so easily.

• gumby
    gumby

Thanks Flyin.

I see "cult" thrown around too many directions. Many times Christians are accused of being a cult since they follow a man, Jesus. However, their Jesus is also their creator and was an unseen creator untill he appeared....so in reality, Jesus shouldn't be compared to a Jim Jones.....at least from looking at him as a God/Creator BEFORE he supposedly came to earth.

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

O grumblacious me! I preferred your first simplified definition.

Then you spoiled it by saying sumfink.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Real dubs go to meeting with sore throats.......

Yep, they're the bastards that came to the meetings sick, coughed all over their hands, and then grabbed my hand to shake it and pass along their disease to me. Just for good measure they'd do the same to the rest of my family. They're the same ones who didn't believe in going to doctors, so they'd be sick 6 months out of the year. They're more bloody stupid than my left asscheek.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit