Apostates and Slacker Dubs Commit the Unforgivable Sin

by gumby 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Yea....control was it Ozmeister. To tell slacker dubs and apostates there is no reserection for you if you die before armaggedon might scare a few back in. Aren't ya glad you wasn't one a them?

Flyin....your gonna bruise your heel again if you keep kickin that away.

Gumby

• oldflame
    oldflame

The actual reality of this is that the unforgiveable sin is when you deny the Holy Spirit at judgement day not while you are here on earth. There is a blasphemy in life, it is using the Lords name in vain but that is forgiveable.

Just another dub exaggeration of the scriptures.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

oldflame:

Just another dub exaggeration of the scriptures.

What amazes me is that dubs claim that their teachings are "Bible based"!

Then you get those who are lapsed JWs who say that they agree with most of the teachings! Good grief! It's ALL utter distortion and lies.

• oldflame
    oldflame

ozzie,

I couldn't of said it any better.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

This is exactly the point I was trying to make in my 1st post Defintion of an Apostate page223 under Beliefs

(sorry but don't know how to show link) ( and didn't know how to use paragraphs using Mozilla)(don't really know if this works either)

To me it seems that the strict definition of an apostate in the 1st sentence in the Reasoning book

could apply to anyone who for whatever reason and for however long abandones God's worship..

I like to take things to extremes to prove points and here I would say if for example a brother swore then for that brief period of time he has abandoned the worship of god and is therefore an apostate. He then repents and feels sorry and is OK again but there is no minimum or maximum time factor in the definition.

If I'm apostate for speaking out against the 'truth' then so is every fader, disfellowshipped person, slacker and double lifer.

Thomas

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

My Father would want me to "fight" and "obey" Him, by my own choice, after I was told the truth about why I need to. If he wanted a mindless, robot, jarhead to lead a charge, He picked the wrong one here. I wasn't raised that way.

It is pretty slick how they try so hard to make a "man of God" seem too hard for a man who knows he is a sinner. No sex, no drinking, no dipping, no smoking, no R movies, no hair bands, etc....Is this to keep the average repentant sinner below the ones who are good at covering theirs? Not "worthy" to approach their Father by themselves?

oops.

Do they really believe there is a God, and yet still do these things anyway? Or do they not believe as they say they do? Any ideas?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Do they really believe there is a God, and yet still do these things anyway?

Yes, I believe the borgmasters believe there is a god but he's a god who vicariously inhabits an "organisation" of which they are governers.

This is the most dangerous of beliefs for it excuses all sorts of badness in the belief that God is still "working through us, i.e. the Organisation".

When wrong is exposed they reluctantly might admit it but with the disclaimer that 'we are imperfect". Therein lies the rub. They are imperfect men governing an imperfect organisation but with perfect rules - just as it was with the nation of Israel.

Strangely the WTS miss the fact that Jesus came to 'fulfil the Law' and taught that the Law could be summed up in just two laws, the love of God and the love of neighbor.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

What gets me is all the people that show up on JWD and post comments that any witness would label "apostacy" and then claim they are going back to the organization. Hello according to their teachings what you have done is unforgivable you might as well enjoy the rest of your life.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There was nothing benign about Franz, in the WTS spirit he was striving to subdue and exploit the R&F dubs by using methods that amount to spiritual terrorism, here he is playing with the horrid idea of the eternal extinction of the individual.

To die in an armageddon and later get resurrected for a second chance is one thing, after all we will all die at some stage, but that everlasting extinction carries quite a sting and aims at stunning the R&F into submission.

All this amounts to political, exploitative, cruel mind games.

Gumpy, there are no piranhas in Africa, but only in South America. Perhaps you mean crocodile infested waters.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Yeah Ozzie,

The God they serve is a "crusher" to suit their desires to have their mistakes "crushed" instead of "fixed". It really burns my ass too. What gets me the most is they "expect" a reward for their "work"!!!!

Have they lost their ever-loving minds?

They are in grave danger too...If nobody points out their errors...it would be the same as judging them to death...But" warning" them, I think is the same as "exposing" them. I believe it is very dangerous work. We know what our leader went through, and he told us what to expect. I would like nothing better then to take them all on, but if I do so, It is the same as lifting "wieghts" for someone else, so they can grow stronger. Ain't gonna work. I guess it would be like a drill instructor in the army completing "basic training" for the troops he is going in to battle with. Noble...but...stupid. Noble for the sheep, Stupid for the soldiers?

What do you think Ozzie? I have been raised for this, I don't know if anyone else has or not. I just know I don't want to go into a hot LZ with a bunch of "sheep". we will all get slaughtered. However, I don't want to ask someone to do something I would not do myself either. I simply need to go first. Time to meet the "hostiles".

your little brother,

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit