Is the Watchtower Society strong enough to win this war with the internet?

by jack w 76 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The WTS will NOT win the internet war.

WTS thrives on misinformation - whether its blood, UN, or child abuse. In 1975, 1985, and even 1995, the Internet was not an information powerhouse. Today, the Internet = easy information. For the WTS to survive, they will have to start telling the real truth. Otherwise, more and more followers fill find sites like this and leave.

The Internet is also a great tool for us "apostates" to talk. Our right to free speech is somthing the WTS can NOT stop. The WTS can also not stop our using the Internet to make "fair use" of the Society's literature.

Skeeter1

• willyloman
    willyloman
    They cannot find every last book they published from the year 1880 until now.

In a delicious irony, the WTS today is in the same position they put dubs in back in the 1970s. When they heard publishers were "selling homes and businesses in order to finish out the last days of this system in the full time ministry," they fell all over themselves applauding that behavior. In retrospect, that behavior was foolish and encouraging it was almost criminal. So why'd they do it?

The WTS didn't worry about it because they were betting the ranch on the end coming... if not in the fall of 1975, then very soon after. In other words, there was never going to be an accounting! Armageddon was going to wipe the slate clean and any erroneous speculation would be lost the excitement over their being right about the one really important thing.

Now 30 years have gone by and all those silly pronouncements, speculations, charts and graphs and chronological faux pas have come back to haunt them, thanks in large part to the unforeseen: the internet. They must be down on their knees nightly in Brooklyn, praying that the Big A comes tomorrow. They thought it didn't matter what they said or did because time was on their side. It wasn't.

Thanks in large part to the internet, the next decade is going to be a painful one for the WTBTS. They've been counting on a miracle, much like a football team that is down points in the waning minutes of the game and, having just fumbled, can only watch the minutes tick down while the other team runs out the clock.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Another reason they will lose is psychological. People don't like being lied to, it insults their intelligence. It makes me mad when the WT says it does the most careful research in the world and then lies and twists anything and everything to win the point. Now, JW's are different. They don't necessarily like being lied to, they might not know it's even happening. And even if they do, the WT isn't "lying", it's "spiritual warfare". "Mommie" told them to listen and believe, so they do. Idiots. They deserve what they get. I don't know if it was Danny or someone else, but if anyone is worried about the WT harming your family, move down here to Florida. Our laws are much more in favor of the homeowner or innocent person now. I'm not giving legal advice, but about one out of 50 people have concealed weapons carry permits. If someone threatens you or yours with lethal force, you can shoot him cold, no problems. If someone breaks in your house, I have read that Grannies cleared the doorway with a shotgun. No JW is going to attack anyone down here. They don't want to get into the new system by means of the resurrection. On another forum, an ex-sister said she thought a few WT goons had taken a shot or two at her and warned me to be careful. I told her I have taken all necessary precautions. The only way those cowards can stop me is shoot me in the back. But I don't think they play that way, they are too gutless. They do their "warfare" in court by lying and DF'ing victims and other weasel behavior. Happy New Year to all and make it a good year. Tell everyone you know about anything the WT has done wrong. It will get around. Believe me. Bye for now.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Danny: Love your stuff. Happy New Year to you too.

• Anitar
    Anitar

They will try, remember the harlot will certainly not go down without a fight, to use their own words. Except, I don't specify gender, unlike the WT, who hate women. In fact, most of the "harlots" I've ever met were men.

Yes they will eventually lose. To people who use their brain, the WT is already dead. But the real question is this: who or what will take the WT's place? As long as there will be people, there will always be war, and as long as their is religion, there will always be cults. So it is inevitable someone will take their place. The question is who...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The information that could sink their ship was out there for decades - only inacessable to the average dub-dweller. Now it is available - and it won't be stopped by any action they can take.

The perfect example is the attack they mounted on the 'Quotes' site a while back. They forced a fellow with little resources . compared to thiers, off the battlefield. But mirror sites popped up all over in places they can't affect. Those won't go away.

IMO, fighting the internet would be tantamount to the horse industry fighting the production of automobiles in the early 20th century. The internet is in many ways going to change the world more than automobiles did - and faster.

No way - I am sure they are smart enough to know they can win a selected battle here and there - but the internet will win this war.

Jeff

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

fahrvegnugen - I think you have hit the nail on the head here.

The question is; Is the Watchtower Society strong enough to win the war with the internet? The only other people fighting this 'war' are regimes such as China and Iran. They have some power, e.g. the power to clamp down in Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in their own countries but still they are fighting a losing battle. The WTB&TS can only try to manipulate the minds of the rank and file but still they will loose out in the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit