What were/are your dating adventures like?

by stillAwitness 22 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor
    What were/are your dating adventures like?

Too many to list them here. And I'm in kind of in a stable relationship right now so better not leave record of the history. Let's just forget the question, shell we.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Damnnnnnnn Spark!!

Pass some of the good left overs this way. :-)

I seem to always attract those 'hey babyyyy' guys. Is that really suppose to attract me?

• PoppyR
    PoppyR
    The artistic type who wanted to paint me. (not a canvas)..me.

lmao. I wouldn't complain if it was chocolate body paint..

Sparkplug, I just cant compete with that post! I met, got engaged and married to my hubby within 7 months. (the perils of no pre marital sex!)

Although I had had several 'Worldly' bfs, much to mymothers horror. One I remember very fondly was 6ft4 had long hair and rode a motorbike, I think I was just trying to be as rebellious as possible!!

Poppy

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh, smiles and Poppy,

I saw she said was one /were in her question. Most of those were years ago. I LMAO now at most of them. I date just one now. Course I always only dated one at a time. That is even funnier. It does look like a huge list does it not? Maybe I should go remove some. I feel dumb now.

Decki

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Hello, I'm Mr. Right. Someone said you were looking for me?

• ballistic
    ballistic

err, oh God where do I start. I've dated three women in 2005 and got dumped 3 times, always by text, which is very annoying, I view it as cowardly. I have to be a little careful what I say as twice in the past few years i've dated women off this board, so just a general coment from me; I think at the end of the day it comes down to whether two people like eachother. Sounds ridiculously simplistic, but I think that over-rides all the other reasons you get like, "we might be looking for something different to eachother", "we live too far apart", "you are too casual about the relationship", "it isn't going anywhere", "me and my ex have hooked up again". I've had them all. Still looking for miss right.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've dated a wide variety of men, trying to be open-minded. I went on tons of blind dates. I think I am the local Queen of First Dates because there were many times I didn't go on a 2nd date, the 1st one being so bad. Had near date rapes several times, one geek who forgot my name multiple times during the date, another who lied about his age and was actually almost 30 yrs older than me, married men pretending to be single.....etc.

The final date I went on before I met my husband lasted 10 minutes. 1st time he was a no show/no call. He called a full week later to apologize and say he lost my #, which was an obvious lie since we had a mutual friend and he knew where I worked. Anyway, I gave him a 2nd chance. I waited at the pub for 30 minutes. Finally he showed and stumbled over to me with the stench of alcohol on him and eyelids at half mast. He slurred to the bartender and ordered a drink. He took a sip of it and then told the bartender to put it on *my* tab because he didn't have any cash!!! He gulped the whole thing down and then slurred, "Ha baaaaby, wha r ya makin me for brkfssssst?" I said, "Goodbye," and left. He followed me out and asked me to give him a ride home since he didn't have a car or $ for a cab. I said, "How unfortunate for you. Bye now."

The saying, you have to kiss a lot of toads....well it's true. This I attribute to the fact that I was not emotionally mature enough to be in a "real" relationship until my early 30s due to my JW issues....once I was ready, the pool of available/normal men had dried up. It was just a strange coincidence that I met my husband. If I had to do it again, I'd definitely sign up for that dating site that does the psychological testing. Going to a bar in your 30s in a mid-sized city hoping to find a compatible man is like finding a needle in a haystack. I think with the web sites you have better odds of meeting someone who's right for you.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Going to a bar in your 30s in a mid-sized city hoping to find a compatible man is like finding a needle in a haystack

I agree, it's the same for men, if not worse, as if you've left having children late like I have, the women you find must not only fit your criteria for what you like in a woman but must be wanting and capable to have children, and not finished having children.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Get out your billy-club stillAwitness! Here come all the guys to move in for the hunt!

The "Mama's Boy" who would text his mother during dinner.

OMG! That's too funny!

• Plummet
    Plummet

I know this sounds bad but I looked at all the available young sisters and I choose the one with the biggest boobs.

"Hi I'm Plummet"

"I'm *****"

"I'm a mic runner, sound booth guy and I give #4 talks"

"I know, I put in Pioneer hours"

"Wanna get married?"

"OK"

Actually we did go on a couple of real dates, The first one I was enrolled in an art class at the community college and I made her a large ceramic heart that says I AM LOVED. Wrapped it up and made her a card. Later that week we had a field trip to a nearby art town and I invited her along. We spent the morning as a class going to art stores and the teacher let us go for the afternoon. ***** and I spent the afternoon wondering around downtown shops and malls and later when I dropped her off I gave her the gift that I made. We had one more date after that and then a couple months later we were married and disfellowshipped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit