A Morbid Question: Who Could Die That Would Crush You???

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Right now, the only death that would really affect me would be my mum's. I've already lost all other bonds of complete trust and love, she's the only one who stayed.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My two kids, my two grandsons and Andy. I just don't know if you get two soulmates in this life. I'd be devastated if any of them died.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    We're all gonna die, but it should be our children burying us, not the other way around.

Chappy's right. A parent is supposed to be able to protect and nourish their child, not stand by helplessly and watch him die. Yes, it would crush me if either of my kids died, and they're both adults.

And, as my husband and I get older, my son is beginning to worry about our welfare, which is really nerve-scraping to watch close up, especially since he has all he can do to care for his own family.

I don't think it would crush me for my husband to die. I think it's because he has lent me so much of his own strength over the yhears that I feel like it will outlive him.

But I suspect I'm wrong about how it will affect me. When he was having trouble away from home acouple of years ago, I missed him desperately.

I don't generally miss my loved ones unless I'm worried about them.

Gently Feral

• codeblue
    codeblue

My husband: NOdenial and my 2 kids..........

I have lost a lot of people in my life..............but this would be the worst ever......

• Gozz
    Gozz

John Doe, fairchild:

ride with me....

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

My nephews.

Others come to mind, but that's my first reaction.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I'm lucky enough to have quite a few good friends, so the list is quite long. I didn't know until recently how it feels to have someone you know and care for beyond casual fondness pass away. Maybe it's because of the circumstances surrounding it that everything seems so surreal. I was crushed, my chest hurt, my mind itself seemed to ache. You just can't beleive that the person is gone, not just gone away but GONE.

I know my perception of everything has changed a great deal. I can't even put it into words right now. Once it it sorted out I'll type it up and post it for a sleep aid.

WLG

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    A Morbid Question: Who Could Die That Would Crush You???

An elephant standing over me!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

nobody how sad is that

• minimus
    minimus

Most of us would be devastated if we lost a loved one-----including a pet. I find that quite interesting. When the hurricanes came in New Orleans, you'd see people protecting their animals like they would their babies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit