Jesus had a Twin Proof!!!

by skyman 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

My Question is...Does our Father want mindless, spineless robots, or some "snake eaters!???

Your little brother,

David

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

sinis. that article was written from a perspective of assumed historicity whereas many of the proponents of the ideas that Jesus had a lover/wife and that the Canna wedding was as originally written his own, are of the Jesus myth allegory perspective using literary criticism. There is no question that a large segment of early Chritians depicted Jesus having a lover, their writings are available to read. The Samaritan well story is framed upon the Isaac/Rebecca well story and appears to have been orignally a courtship episode. The wedding has elements that would suggest both a Jesus as groom and mystical symbolism, but these episodes were reinterpreted and separated at a time when such a notion was deemed inappropriate for the Godman and historization stripped much of the symbolism from the early stories. Reciting the text as it presently reads to refute the literary critics is just missing the point.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

good way of requiring "abstinance" as a sign of Gods chosen ones. Leaving those who can hold the secret of their lust from prying eyes, "better: than us, and "closer" to God. Those poor sinners who cannot, and don't try to hide it, feel alienated from our Father. Scared to approach him on their own. Who does that benefit? any ideas?

Your little brother,

David

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Both Thomas and Didymos mean Twin. I'm convinced Jesus is wholly mythological, and I love the various threads, such as this one, in the weave of the Myth's fabric.

Nathan

• skyman
    skyman

Never in my life would I have ever thought that I might someday wonder if Jesus of the bible really exsisted, but the more I study and see that teh books are not correctly writen today as they first were written I start to doubt that the real Jesus the lived is anything like the Jesus in the bible.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Skyman!

Here's a link to The Internet Infidels (The Secular Web), and some free reads that are right up your alley.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/earl_doherty/index.shtml

This site is very extensive, a virtual treausre trove. I use it a lot.

Nate

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Nate!!! Is that you??????

If so... I am sooo happy you are back!!!!!!!! It tells me I was wrong about this board shunning you. It also tells me it is ok to come back again.

Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Little Brother,

David

• skyman
    skyman

Nate Merit Thank you alot.

• Clam
    Clam
    I first heard of the gospel of thomas through the movie Stigmata!

Me too.

Talking of which wouldn't the twin Jesus thing make a great film? I wouldn't use Arnie Schwarzanegger and Danny deVito this time though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit