I got a delivery today from Commentary Press.....

by troubled mind 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

I ordered my copy of Crisis of Conscience yesterday - it'll be here in 3 weeks - can't wait.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Wow,It's really amazing how many people are reading those books.I recommend CoC first then ISoCF second.I read CoC at least 3 times and I'm presently reading ISoCF for the second time.They both have very valuable information.A lot of things I was thinking but didn't know how to put in words and a lot of simple reasoning that proves the WTS is not God's sole channel or his "organization".

Aude:Glad you enjoyed that thread,I didn't realize it was a year already.And yes there were a lot of interesting stories about purchasing a book,unbelievable.I was really proud my thread made it onto Freeminds' net soup.

Goldminer

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

You should read Crisis first. Christian Freedom is like a sequal to it. I found Christian Freedom much more deep in meaning. I stopped at all the interesting points and put my own comments in the pages. I hope some day if I pass on, my kids will pick up those books and read them along with all my own commentary on them. Enjoy the ride. It will be a good one.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

While we are on the subject, does anyone know if Ray Franz is still alive? If so, can I write a letter of thanks to commentary press and will it be pasted on to him. Hey I know, why not us all here write a letter of thanks, sign it and send it to him.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I was wondering the same thing ? Anyone know for sure if Ray Franz is still alive ? And can we contact him ? I have finnished COC , my eyes are actually sore from staying up until 2a.m. every night on xmas break to read it in privacy. I am planning on going back and adding my thoughts in the margins as someone else here suggested. In Search of I read selections and plan on a deeper search after I rest my eyes a bit.

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

james_woods might know. He was telling me about the whole Bethel thing as we hadn't heard much about it over here - well at least not in the KH I used to go to. You could try asking him?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Anyone know for sure if Ray Franz is still alive ? And can we contact him ?

I am sure we would have heard if he died. I used to stay in touch with him by email. I kinda dropped off since I know how busy he is.

There is a link on his site for email. He always answers [or used to], but be patient it takes a while. I think he gets tons of email.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit