Starting a collection of the Inexplicable JW Doctrines...

by AuldSoul 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

VW,

I requested that the purpose of this thread be respected. Are you capable of doing so? Please do not start disagreements about the posts on this thread, this thread isn't for anything more than collecting raw perpectives of posters regarding doctrines they believe are unsupportable or are directly contradicted in the Bible. Any supportive comments are welcome, but I respectfully request that any dissension be removed to another thread or PMs. There is an ability to disagree, I am just requesting that it not be WITHIN this thread. I would prefer for these to come in uncluttered by argument.

I am "collecting" a specific thing here. Thus, the title of the topic. Your post was off topic.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Good thread, this should be very interesting. And very useful, too, I'm looking to take a closer look at the WTS's inexplicable doctrines, too, so I'll definitely be frequenting this thread to see what everyone comes up with.

Also, good request as to keeping arguments off of this thread, it's easier to get the basics without a bunch of posters trying to argue the correctness or incorrectness of the suggestions posted.

Nice work, AuldSoul!!

-Becka :)

• Honesty
    Honesty

Where is the scriptural basis for the WT doctrine that says women are not allowed to pray for the congregation?

Where is the scriptural basis for not allowing women to address the congregation?

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

What is the scripural basis for allowing blood fractions, yet at the same time applying the verses that they do to claim that WHOLE blood is not allowed?

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

What is the Biblical defination of a 'spiritual person'?:

a) One who has a RELATIONSHIP with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit

b) A person who spends many hours in 'field service' and attends ALL meetings held at the Kingdom Hall

• Scully
    Scully

According to the March 22, 1993 Awake! (on the topic of Surrogate Motherhood)

Does Surrogate Motherhood Honor Marriage?

God’s Word tells us that he looks upon marriage as something sacred. For example, Hebrews 13:4 states: "Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge fornicators and adulterers." God expects all Christians to consider marriage honorable and to keep it that way. What defiles marriage? Fornication, which can dishonor marriage in advance, and adultery, which dishonors marriage after it has been entered into.

Does surrogate motherhood honor marriage and keep the marriage bed undefiled? Simply put, no. Traditional surrogacy requires the insemination of the woman by donor sperm. The Bible’s view may be found at Leviticus 18:20, which says: "You must not give your emission as semen to the wife of your associate to become unclean by it." There is no Biblical basis for making a distinction between insemination by intercourse and insemination artificially by donor implantation. Therefore, in either case, fornication or adultery is committed when insemination is accomplished by a male other than the woman’s legal husband.

What about gestational surrogacy? This too defiles the marriage bed. True, the fertilized egg would be a union of the husband and his wife, but it is thereafter placed in the womb of another woman and, in fact, makes her pregnant. This pregnancy is not the result of sexual relations between the surrogate woman and her own husband. Thus, her reproductive organs are now being used by someone other than her own mate. This is inconsistent with the Bible’s moral principles that a woman bear a child for her own husband. (Compare Deuteronomy 23:2.) It would not be proper for a man other than the surrogate’s own husband to make use of her reproductive organs. It is an improper use of the marriage bed. Thus, surrogate motherhood is not for Christians.

Was God guilty of committing adultery when Mary (who was betrothed to Joseph) became pregnant with Jesus? Did Jehovah disregard his own laws and principles regarding "keeping the marriage bed honorable" in this situation?

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Luke 10:17 " Then the seventy returned with joy, saying: "Lord, even the demons are made subject to us by the use of your name."

Acts 15:4 "On arriving in Jerusalem they were kindly received by the congregation and the apostles and the older men, and they recounted the many things God had done by means of them. "

These sort of come across as "Field service reports"

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

1ST Corinthians 14:34 "let the women keep silent in the congregations, for it is not permitted for them to speak, but let them be in subjection, even as the Law says. 35 If, then, they want to learn something, let them question their own husbands at home, for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in a congregation."

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

That all prophesies must have at least 3 different fulfillments

The doctrine of why gods permit wicketness, for some kind of bet with satan....

The flood was a real global flood about 4500 years ago :)

Man is only 6000 years old

New anointed ones are coming in and coming in, all for the anointed that were not faithfull. Then why the hell did God searched so many unfaithfull ones, is he that bad a judge of character?

The name of God is the most inporttant thing, even if we do not know how it was pronounced, we use some form of it and make it an absolute truth

birthdays. There is just not a single valid reason not to celebrate

etc...

Danny B

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Yeh, the teaching about the annointed ones and how they were sealed in 1935...unless of course they became unfaithful and then they would be rechosen, but this would be unusual we were told. I remember that the story was the numbers of these would go down until the end came, but there would be a few remaining, because they would be caught up in "the twinkling of an eye" when the big "A" came. But then I found out that the majority of the annointed ones left on earth really have nothing to do with the organization as far as their insights or whatever and that it is mostly just controlled by a hand full of old guys living for free in NY city apartments. and, how did we learn that these were truly of the annointed? Because they told us we should believe them because they were truly of the annointed.

I also wondered why we always looked to ancient nation of Israel prophesies and patterns to how they were being fullfilled with the modern day Israel (the annointed JWs and followers). If this is truly the case then would also the JW organization today would also follow the same pattern and they too would fall into apostasy. And, then would not its spiritual leaders become like the pharasees and mistreat its members ? And, like in the Ancient days religion would the modern day religion also follow the path of making up a bunch of burdensome rules and regulations that were later condemned by Jesus as being fruitless works? Why did the JWs follow some of the ancient patterns, but not all?

Just a few ramblings. Oh yes, and this one got me...When I was first studying with the JWs I was told that my marriage was sanctified because of my being a believer. Later (after I was baptized) I was told that my hubby would die at the big "A" if he didn't join up with the JWs. So if my marriage was truly sanctified by God why was he going to kill off my husband in the end?

cybs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit