Starting a collection of the Inexplicable JW Doctrines...

by AuldSoul 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mustang
    mustang

Hmm...

Let me see what happened to that list I started few years ago that I called "left field doctrines".

Mustang

• greendawn
    greendawn

Another myth is that the JWs are a continuation of the apostolic church and that they believe, and operate in exactly the same way that they did.

The JWS are nothing but an adventist offshoot and they appeared 1800 years too late to be a continuation of the early church. Where is the chain of predecessors linking Russell to the apostles?
    In addition they differ enormously from its spirit and practice eg they are grossly uncharitable and have a highly centralised authority structure that tightly controls everything.

• mustang
    mustang

Found it!!!

LIST OF STRANGE JW DOCTRINES:

THE DOCTRINE OF 'NEW LIGHT'

THE DOCTRINE OF 'HARBORING PRIVATE IDEAS'

THE DOCTRINE OF 'IMPERFECT MEN'

THE DOCTRINE OF 'CLERGY-LAITY DISTINCTION'

THE DOCTRINE OF 'JUDGING'

THE DOCTRINE OF 'OVERZEALOUS BROTHERS'

THE DOCTRINE OF 'WHERE WILL YOU GO'

THE DOCTRINE OF 'THEOCRATIC WAR STRATEGY'

THE DOCTRINE OF 'FAMILY MERIT/DEMERIT'

add: WAIT ON JEHOVAH

This is the "table of contents" from a reference document I was compiling. Now, not all of these are what most people would recognize as doctrines. But, as I was reading through some law textbooks, I kept coming across legal principles that were referred to as "doctrines". (The 'doctrines' of the "Right to Quiet Enjoyment" & the notion of an "Attractive Nuisance" are sometimes referred to as doctrines or related to other matters that are considered doctrines.)

So, I said to myself, why not view all these funky quirks of JW-ism as DOCTRINES!!!

Mustang

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The bible says "no one knows the hour or the day" yet JWs are fascinated by chronology and their history is replete with references to "scripturally-established" hours and days, which has led them to predict various end-time dates.

It seemed to me that in the big rush to 1975 when freddy franz was questioned about this his reply was..

We might not know the day or hour but we do know the year..Do any others recall this statement??

It was regarded as "doctrine" at the time and freddy knew best. The great oracle..

• Forscher
    Forscher

How about their salvation through works doctrine? I know, they say they don't teach that, but what else is it when they teach that one must go door to door for the WTBTS in order to be saved?

Forscher

• jgnat
    jgnat

That's funny, Beep Beep. Thanks for helping me make my point.

• mustang
    mustang

- Field service reports?

Luke 10:17

" Then the seventy returned with joy, saying: "Lord, even the demons are made subject to us by the use of your name."

Acts 15:4

"On arriving in Jerusalem they were kindly received by the congregation and the apostles and the older men, and they recounted the many things God had done by means of them."

These sort of come across as "Field service reports"

Fantastic!!! My first reaction was LMAO, but...

I remember a CO saying that Jesus prayed and told Big-J what he had done before the crucifixion. The CO continued saying that this was Jesus turning in a FS Report and that we should follow his example. Arrgghh!!!!

Mustang

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

The whole DF / reinstatement requirements / restrictions policy.

B

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Just popping in to say that I think AuldSoul has done a mighty good job!

Well done!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Oops, I forgot!

I gotta add one ,eh?

Ok, try this one;

that Jesus came invisibly in 1914.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit