You will never grow old in this current system of things... - Awake, May 22, 1969 p. 15

by cappytan 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Miles
    Miles

I'm 54, I bured a great grandmother, she thought she would never die, I bured a grandmother and she also thought she would never die. Last I buried my dad whom waited for years to see the end and thought it was a few months or a year or so away. Do I need to say anything further.

• Ding
    Ding
    I never cease to be amazed how old people who have been hearing this promise all their lives still believe it.
  • maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Cappy, I had to have some fun with your video, I hope it's OK.

http://vid804.photobucket.com/albums/yy326/wingsinthemiddle/jworg_zpsqikhk1zf.mp4

• cappytan
    cappytan
    maninthemiddle - bahahahahaa! Perfect! 😂😂😂
  • kaik
    kaik
    Back in the 1970's my JW aunt told me that I wont have to deal with school anymore because Armageddon will be just behind the corner, and I wont have to do any homework. 40 years later, she is long gone; I did both undergrad and postgrad, and Armageddon nowhere on sight.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Thanks for that, I'm adding it to my arsenal of other quotes folks have posted here about the end of this system of things, I can hardly wait till I have the time to show this to some of the folks with the setup in the subway stations.
  • scary21
    scary21

Strange thing, after my ex MIL died I went to my daughters house, there was a single bound volume on her table. I said " where did THAT come from " She said " grandma's house "

I looked down to see it was the 1969 Awake. I asked if I could have it and she said sure.

Must have been the HOLY SPIRIT making sure I had it to add to my damming collection LOL

When I went to FL to pack my mom up and get her away from the crazy JW that was threatening her, I threw all her volumes out except the one with the picture of the GB signing bibles in Cuba for the dignitaries. It was the only damming one I could remember and I had no time to look,or computer to research. I now have two good ones ( or bad ones for them) .........hahaha Sherry

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

When I was recruited via d2d work I was told it was unlikely my daughter would ever start school Armageddon was that close.

Not only did she grow up and get married she had a daughter herself who also grew up and now my little girl will become a grandmother in June and I will become a great grandmother!!!

• Splash
    Splash

Giordano mentioned The Way To Paradise (1924). Here's a quote stating that there's "no doubt" about 1925.
    This is the WT way, present something as absolute, beyond question, then revise it later to something different but also absolute, beyond question.
    P.226 "No doubt many boys and girls who read this book will live to see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Daniel, and those other faithful men of old, come forth in the glory of their "better resurrection", perfect in mind and body"

Splash: "Just today I found an audio clip from a 1972 district convention reaffirming 1975."

Village Idiot: @ Splash: Can you provide a link?

I would insert the extracted audio clip here but I don't think this board supports audio clips inserted.
    Instead, follow this link and fast forward to

http://www.centralprint.net/jwtalks/DC/Reese%20-%201972%20DC%20Closing%20Remarks.mp3

15:23 - "We had that advice about 1975, Not changing a thing! Not changing a thing!... We have stronger reason to see that the middle 70's are going to see the complete change in earths affairs."

18:33 - Anointed partakers are decreasing, 'as expected'.

Lots of "be submissive", "do more" and the Greek Orthodox Church gets described as being "the wrongest".
    If you have time, give it a listen. There's nothing new under the sun.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Amelia: When I was recruited via d2d work I was told it was unlikely my daughter would ever start school Armageddon was that close.

Not only did she grow up and get married she had a daughter herself who also grew up and now my little girl will become a grandmother in June and I will become a great grandmother!!!

Congrats! Amelia!
    You just told my family's "life story" too.
    Aren't we glad that Jehovah has been sooooo patient with this wicked old system of things!
    Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit