You will never grow old in this current system of things... - Awake, May 22, 1969 p. 15

by cappytan 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    steve2

The hook that keeps these suckers plopping right back into the muck that masquerades as "spiritual food in due season" is the question which reveals their arrested devrlopment:

"Where else shall we go?".

Wrong question. This question is told by WT, but the bible shows us:

(John 6:68, 69) 6Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life. 69 We have believed and have come to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS will never stop bullshitting to people, for doing so necessitates the maintaining structure of the organization itself in both the commercialization of its products and as a means to psychologically entrap people to be the organization's established sales representatives. Every person who gets involved with this religious organization is being trained and shaped to be its representatives, a calculated illusion devised as preaching the Gospel of the bible.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    It's a different generation of young ones. Most could care less. The older generation gulped all of this down and this younger generation is a whole different story! They are trying to capture the little ones (Caleb and Sophia) because they know they blew it with the 20 something generation. They had better put Caleb and Sophia in a video game or something more creative. Kids need more entertainment than cut out dolls that need to be dressed for the meetings and cut outs a Bethel that you can have your photo taken with. These kids need high tech and lots of excitement.
  • life is to short
    life is to short

Oubilette

I was just like your wife who grew up hearing this stuff. I was five when that Awake came out. I was not supposed to go to grade school much less high school. I believed it all so much as I was spoon fed it from the cradle. My parents were never really accepted by the JW's. My parents were always fighting with the elders but they still went to most of the meetings, the book study was so boring, mind-numbing and so full of doom and gloom for a five, six year old to sit through but it was so scary also. I thought for sure that my whole family would be killed when 1975 came. I actually had a count down to when I would die. I mean what child lives that way. It was horrible.

But like your wife I totally embraced the religion and believed everything it said. I pioneered even through I hated ever minute of it. Talked my husband in to applying for Bethel which we did for 2 and a half years and that was way better than pioneering but still left nothing for the future by taking the vow of poverty. Than I finally woke up when I was in my late 40's. The pedophiles in my hall just hit me in the face that there was no way if there was a God that this was the true religion. But my husband still believes.

I am now in my early 50's scared to death about my future as I was told not to save money or get any education. My husband is older and I just feel so stuck and scarred. I also totally get it about your kids. My sister and some of her elder wives friends were shunning me when I was still an elder's wife myself. I have been shunned by a lot of the so called friends. Even when my husband was in his elder's meetings there would be groups of at least two elders wives and I was not allowed to join any of them. One group spent their time gossiping and they did not want me there and the other group was related mom and daughters who's husband were elders and I was not included in that group. I have met for service many, many, many times and have been told to just go home as there was not room for me in the car groups. Why I did not wake up sooner is beyond me. I wish I had, had a husband who saw though it like you did.

Your are so right where you said It's a cult!

LITS

• Magnum
    Magnum

life is to short, I can relate.

the book study was so boring, mind-numbing and so full of doom and gloom
    I pioneered even through I hated ever minute of it.
    I am now in my early 50's scared to death about my future as I was told not to save money or get any education.
  • flipper
    flipper

Life is Too Short & Magnum - I can relate to both of you as well and your sentiments. I was born into the JW cult from birth- exited at age 44 over 11 years ago. I was told as a teenager that I'd never get married in this " system " or have children in this " system ". But here I am - now 55 years old with my oldest son turning 30 years old and two JW daughters still trapped inside the cult aged 28 and almost 27. Still in this " system of things ". LOL.

It's tough knowing that we were all lied to- however for me personally I have found it VERY freeing to not have to WORRY about an imaginary " Armageddon " anymore coming to " kill me " or " get me ". It's nice finding out the big bad dream of being destroyed is NOT true. So now I can live my life HOW I want and pursue the interests and hobbies and exciting events in life full throttle without the WT Society or a big bad God boogie man preventing me from doing it ! The way I look at it is I now have a SECOND chance to pursue life from here on out in regards to pursuing music, my relationships, my friends, hiking in the woods or mountains, camping at Apostafests , reading great books I may have missed as a JW - the possibilities are endless now.

I try to look at my glass of life as half FULL instead of half EMPTY. I know it's a cliché- but it's true. Just my 2 cents on what helps me get by, thought I'd share it. Remember folks we are FREE . We have freedom of mind now and no one can steal that from us anymore unless we allow it

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Thanks flipper, I'm going to PM you in a few minutes.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I was 17 when that article came out so of course I remember it and the climate in the entire organization vividly.

To me, the issue is not so much that they were dead wrong (thus false prophets) as the CONSEQUENCES to those who were fed this spoiled spiritual food. We made life's most important decisions based on the belief that the world would POSITIVELY end in 6 years or less. Now take gullible adults with their impressionable children and imagine the dumb shit JW's did which to this day is negatively affecting our lives.

It's easy for younger dubs to pass it off as "old light" Honest older ones know better.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You will never grow old in this current system of things... - Awake, May 22, 1969 p. 15

Image result for Watchtower logo

..........Image result for Truth lies

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

The funniest thing about this....that as anyone was reading that sentence, they would have realized it was a lie........with each passing second staring at the page....... the reader was getting older.

They are so embarrassingly stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit