You will never grow old in this current system of things... - Awake, May 22, 1969 p. 15

by cappytan 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cappytan
    cappytan

Here's a video for more concrete confirmation that this was actually said. (I had a little fun with it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFQs6jnAe6A

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    If you show that article to witnesses, most would say: "that's old light" or "the organization is constantly refining itself". Here's one: "Aren't you glad that your parents grew older and had you?" They have an answer for everything.
  • Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

Great minds think alike.

Here is an excerpt from my new book, Escape From Paradise, taken form the chapter I call "Wallpapering the Titanic" which talks about this idea affecting my young life back in 1969:

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    Cappy! This is GREAT! I'm sharing it :-)
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Cappy! This is GREAT! I'm sharing it

wifibandit: feel free!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

1969 was the approximate year the WTS. started to sell that mankind has lived for 6000 years from the beginning of Adam, creating the lying corrupt false teaching of 1975. They sold that for years and broadcast into public talks throughout many Assemblies.

It was all a calculating lie being that making that calculation is imposable from the bible's own chronology or else wise.. Fear mongering by use of a publishing house worked, the WTS gained a huge growth in members during that time frame, but it lost quite a few after 1975 came and left.

Printing out the bullshit is what the WTS. has been doing since its inception back in the late 1800's .

You wont be Jesus approved and make it into paradise if you don't become associated with the Watchtower Corporation don't you know.

• steve2
    steve2

This is the very issue of Awake! my now deceased JW mother used to tell me I could not go to college. Interestingly, I myself was so under the end-is-near spell that I sulked for 5 minutes before planning to live out the remaining days of this doomed system of things pioneering. I am now 4 years from retirement. This would have made an interesting conversation with my mother. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Conviction no matter how powerfully expressed is no substitute for actual truth.

• Illuminated
    Illuminated

cappytan, lol that video with the Disney trolley song combined with the magazine is hilarious.

If they justify it by old light, why even use the excuse it was speculation among rank and file JW's?

Why does it matter if it's "old light" if they've made a false prophecy? The point isn't whether something is old or new, it goes against their very own Bible beliefs of not following anyone who predicts the future in their God's name.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Lots of old timers are scratching their heads over that one. They may not ever leave this cult but the are scratching their heads. We hear it all the time from the older family members.
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

marked. So the WT's on the library started in 1950 but Awakes not till 1970. Is this one article the reason? They really tried to bury that?

I also remember in the early 90's as a kid that the congregations were ordered to get rid of the really old literature from the congregation libraries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit