You will never grow old in this current system of things... - Awake, May 22, 1969 p. 15

by cappytan 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS knows how to keep people working for their organization in a state of mental and physical subservience they lie and exploit people's ignorance . It was realized long ago that if you print out alluring bullshit to the public on a vast scale, that there is going to be measure of that population that will engage themselves to what you've printed out.

Look how the Cult Scientology got started and it wasn't originally done so to start a cult, it was just a science fiction book, unfortunately some people didn't perceive it as fiction.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Nicely done Cappy! I just had to get me sum of that Trolley song.

So how sure has the Society been about the End Times? (Speaking about the resurrection after 1925 when there would be the start of the new world and no death....... the writer suggests the following in TWTP pg 228 on how to recruit decorators to redecorate the homes that would now be available.) “You will have secured the services of the best decorators you can find. Some of them used to be undertakers; but since there are no more people dying, they have to seek some new occupation. Their experience as undertakers prepared them to become decorators with very little difficulty.”

This from the same WT Society that has still not been able to nail down any correct date.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    So the WT's on the library started in 1950 but Awakes not till 1970. Is this one article the reason? They really tried to bury that?

The same thought occurred to me when I was trying to confirm this quote for myself. I thought, "How convenient!"

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I placed that magazine, while I was, of course, pioneering. and

LL

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Marking! Thanks Cappytan!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One should realize that the WTS continues to profess that the system of things is coming to an end soon because in doing so it supports what the organization has been saying in the past, kind of reconfirmation.

Another thing to accept is that it was the WTS who created 1914, it wasn't God's date/year and the WTS. commercialized that year as something profoundly significant, in reality it was only significant to the WTS. and its proliferation of its own published goods.

• antes8080
    antes8080

I blame the holy spirit on this one, i mean Knorr and Franz dint know they were part of the overlaping generation..

Great find Cap it might be worth something one day.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2
    That is one of the articles that kept me from getting my college education. This was the main subject for all my life,,Now I am 67 years old and resenting how much influence the Watchtower and Awake had on mylife. I was neve suppose ty graduate high, but here I am sometimes being hit bt a bolt of lightening how much of my thinking still is JW thinking. Thankfully my two grown granddaughters catch it and we discuss why I have some ODD beliefs.
  • Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I remember that one very well:

-it is the main reason that I am just now (a week after my 60th birthday) completing studies towards an Advanced Diploma.

&$%# the lot of them and their damnfool ideas!

Bill

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    There was a 1989 wt January I think that said point blank that they end would come before the year 2000 but by the time it went to the bound volume they changed it and of course that change was also made in the cd library.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit