You will never grow old in this current system of things... - Awake, May 22, 1969 p. 15

by cappytan 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

@steve2

This would have made an interesting conversation with my mother

When it comes up my mother denies that the wt ever mentioned 1975 as a significant year

• Splash
    Splash

Hi hoser. I found another Assembly reference to it today, from 1972, Ulysses Glass.

Listen to this one at 6:00 onwards:
    http://www.centralprint.net/jwtalks/SpecialTalks/Glass%20Ulysses%20-%20Will%20Your%20Name%20be%20Found%20in%20the%20Book%20of%20Life.mp3

And this one from 52:30 onwards. (Also a talk from 1972):
    http://www.centralprint.net/jwtalks/SpecialTalks/Kite%20Floyd%20-%20Are%20You%20Marked%20for%20Survival.mp3

• violias
    violias

Just checking in as another young person who sat through all those fire and brimstone talks about 1975 that began around 66-67 . I believe it was the Salvation book ( a yellow one) that started all the talk, the one that said we were nearing 6000 yrs of man's existence. Then when it did not happen they said wait on Jah for a few yrs and then finally said we all heard it wrong. We were the selfish ones - Serving Jah with a date in mind. It was during this I began to question the org a bit and started reading the Bible without the aid of the WT publications.

A lot of us spent our youth pioneering and not going to college. Many of us went to prison related to the Vietnam war . A lot of teenage marriages and babies are related to 1975 and Vietnam .

I guess you just had to have been there. Some of the talks I heard came close to Neil Diamond's " Brother Love's traveling salvation show" in atmosphere.

• steve2
    steve2
    Kaik, you could be me - some amazing parallels in our journeys.
  • Illuminated
    Illuminated
    Splash, are those talks regarding 1975 being the end date?
  • Splash
    Splash

They are convention talks and special talks from the early 1970's which make specific reference to 1975.

That is the year which was hyped as the start of Armageddon, but which all JW's today deny was ever mentioned.

A new 6 month bible study program was introduced because there wasn't enough time to spend longer than that studying with new students.

Membership soared, only to plummet in the aftermath when nothing happened.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

My raised-a-JW ex-wife told me about this not long after we were married in the '80s. She was about 10 when that article came out.

I remember saying something like, "But look: you DID graduate high school and now you're married! They were clearly wrong about this."

The deer-in-the-headlights look on her face was unforgettable. I had converted to being a JW about 5 years before and knew nothing about these kinds of statements by the WTBTS. I stuffed the cognitive dissonance for a few years until the mounting evidence became so overwhelming I could no longer ignore it.

Finally, around 2002-2003, when I found out about the UN/NGO debacle I knew this religion was a farce. I tried to get my now ex-wife to wake up and admit that the religion was false. She refused to hear it. I tried to leave with my kids, but they sided with their mother.

A year or so after I left the religion, my youngest asked me why. I showed him this article. He accused me of being an apostate. I said how can I be an apostate? I'm just showing you what the WTBTS published. They were wrong then and they are wrong now.

That was the last time we spoke. My children continue to shun me even though I am technically a JW in good standing. They know I don't believe it and because I pointed out the hypocrisy of the WT leadership they cut me off.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

For those that foolishly cling to JW false "theology" I offer this:

The Curse

I curse you: Everyone you know is going to die. You are going to die. And you are never, ever going to see God's Kingdom. You hang on in vain to false hopes because you are too afraid to face the truth, the real truth: Everything you believe is a lie and you are too cowardly to see it.

I'm taking it all from you and you will never have it back, try as you might. From this moment on, your hope is gone from you.

-

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

cappytan, what is clever about this is that 100% of the content of your video is 100% Governing Body-approved material, both picture and audio.

No apostate commentary, etc., just showing and playing WTS material with zero commentary. No one should be able to complain about it.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Oubliette "For those that foolishly cling to JW false "theology" I offer this:"

I actually wrote this a while ago,

The Curse

You're going to grow old and die

Following the Watchtower lie

What will you say on that fateful day

after you've followed the Watchtower way?

No paradise just a life, that you never chose to live

A dedication to those who have nothing to give

You've finally grown old and soon will die

Following the Watchtower lie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit