Curious...

by Tez 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Nothing as I'm athiest. Even if I did believe in god, though, I still wouldn't be in any religion. I dealt with enough of them before dealing w/jw's, so they were the last for me.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

If the JWs really were Christian they'd be pointing you to John 14:6, in answer to the question about where to find the "Truth".

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Tez:

...help me realise that I am not the only that has been left floundering, like a fish out of water, with no sense of where I am going or even if I want to go anywhere.

Gawd, how I know being a "fish out of water".

You ask, dear Tez, so I'm going to suggest something a little different than pointing you back down the road of a god, or significance, or the ocean you seek, being outside of you. What if I told you that you already are in the sea. In fact, you are it. It's all about seeing what is here, already. We see what has been missed, simply by becoming more aware. No need to go anywhere other than where you are now. No need to learn some new beliefs system. No need to add anything to yourself. Just, see.

Begin by being more aware of the present moment. Really feel what it is to be alive; to breath; to exist. be aware of the distinct difference of thinking life, and silently being nakedly open and meeting life; living life. In other words, clearly see the distinction between being lost in the mind and living a conceptual reality and "life story", and actually being one with the true reality of life.

Become more aware, open and sensitive to the actual sense of beingness within you. Look closer at the most intimate sense and movement of life and existence; and begin to make notice of what is looking; what does not move.

Question and investigate into your own being. At the core, what are you, really? See how everything you believe yourself to be, is mere thought and idea; not reality at all. Be still and keenly present and aware. Trust that the wholeness, the sea which you seek is within you. Be still.

You don't need religion or gods. You already stand on holy ground.

j

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Nope, I get the heebee jeebees walking into a caltholic church for a wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• kep81
    kep81

Hi

i have a question to all you ex jehovah's witness what made you leave. Being with a group so long and not knowing any other way how does it happen.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

wow LT, it amazes at what different pages we are on. but that's cool, and it's a regular part of being out. no one is really on the same page anymore.... so you know, whatever...

tez, in answer to your question, scully and lonelysheep already answered for me too....

however, i do get religious about somethings that really turn me on. you know, i worship them. and if there is a mythological creature that i really like, it would be satan. and although i am an atheist, many of my views come in line with parts of satanism. ...... and there are some other things that i find just so raw and true, personally, that i am born again in my love for them, and the deep feelings of revelation that they inspire in me. i was going to list a few, but i did not want to distract from the main theme as some people would invariably find them disgusting and wrong. so, i'll just leave it at that.

All, all is theft, all is unceasing and rigorous competition in nature; the desire to make off with the substance of others is the foremost - the most legitimate - passion nature has bred into us and, without doubt, the most agreeable one.

===========

I write of the great eternal truths that bind all men together the whole world over. We eat, we shit, we fuck, we kill, and we die.

=============

The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind

==========

We are no guiltier in following the primative impulses that govern us than is the Nile for her floods or the sea for her waves.

- Marquis de Sade

ts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit