Lern,to/spel;and "punctuate"!!!!!

by bigmouth 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

AAAAAAA my eyes, my eyes. I can't help it, my eyes catch most of the errors, and I wince. But I got used to you guys.

Grammer, grammer, don't you mean grammar?

Tetra, are you serious, our world would be better served, if we had more comas? Are you sure you didn't mean commas?

Seriously, if you guys would just drop discrete I'd be happy. It's discreet. I know they're not, but discrete sounds like concrete and it just doesn't fit.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Some people just have nothing better to do than to whine.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Wombat,
    Of course I'm taking it seriously might as well learn something whilst here!!

"I pasted the sentence below from this web page without the comma it still makes sense.

I really think that you should have used a "full stop" after the word "comma". Otherwise it doesn't really make sense."

I think it needs a comma after the comma.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Somebody here at JWD, told us to download the Google toolbar. It has spell check. It weally weally works!!!!! Don't remember how I did it, maybe that person will show back up, or I can look back.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

So, in a post requesting consideration of proper English form we have improper punctuation (lack of space after period is improper punctution), we have misspelling ("grammer [sic]" doesn't mean my grandmother has a cold), and we have a plea for our love that likely wasn't communicated as intended.

Love Pete.

If you meant it as a closing line, it should have looked like this:

Love,
    Pete

Note, (1) the comma, (2) the new line, and (3) the lack of a period after your name. Obviously, any post made to criticize the grammatical errors of others should be thoroughly proofread lest it suffer intense and pedantic criticism.

I hope you have enjoyed the good natured hazing. Loosen up a bit and have more fun.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

HL,

I downloaded that toolbar, and there spellchecker works grate. I think their geniuses. They're work will altar the future of electronic communication. Every ones emails and posts will bee with out a single error in spelling. I can heartily weight too sea how much the quality of people's posts improve as a result of this gnu feature.

AuldSoul

P.S. This post maid it threw with out a hit except four "HL" and "AuldSoul." Their is know effective substitute fore the application of the human mind two what we right.

• lola28
    lola28

Darn, well I'll be back in a bit, I have to go to Borders to buy me a dictomanary to help me with me spelling. Be back laters.

lola ( who is a sucky speller, once I misspelled lola)

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

L-O-L @ lola! (<--- hey, wasn't that in a song?)

No dictionary required except for those who want to pick on the grammar and spelling of others.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• lola28
    lola28

Auldsoul,

Sad thing is I really did misspell lola, more than once..........

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Be careful because a lot of these free toolbars that do wonders for your surfing contain spyware.

I think even Google collect information from your surfing if you install their toolbar but it is pooled and untraceble so they say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit