I love these Jehovah's Witnesses

by freedomlover 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic
    I was wearing a short (ish) skirt and boots
    I felt a TRUE sense of loss when I stood up

lol - are you sure it wasn't Mr Elder who felt a true sense of loss!

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Dont know ballistic, but he had a large sale bag over his knees too...

Poppy xx

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Dont know ballistic, but he had a large sale bag over his knees too...

hahaha!

Of course, next time you post something about your short skirt, we want pictures in supporting evidence.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Couldnt' possibly, someone might recognise my legs and report me to the elders!!

You'll just have to imagine.

Poppy xx

• ballistic
    ballistic

lol ok then, imagining the elders ordering a "legs" identity parade.

I think it's the boots thing that does it for me.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR
    I think it's the boots thing that does it for me.

You and me both! I always feel much sexier when my boots are on!

As for the legs identity parade, clearly my legs are world renowned and they'd spot them in an instant and think "aha, that's where Poppys boots took her"

Poppy xx

• ballistic
    ballistic
    I always feel much sexier when my boots are on!

hehe < insert dirty laugh

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Freedomlover -

Your feelings are precisely normal. It is your definitions that will change in time. Your definition of a friend will become less conditional, and less judgemental. Your friends in the future will support you in troubled times - not turn their backs on you. They will thrill with your conquests - not attempt to label you as weak - or strong - or evil - or good. They will not box you in based on 'spiritual goals' set by a book publisher in New York. Those friends will be lifelong - thru thick and thin. And that will be very good.

That said - I too love Jehovah's witnesses. How could I not love them as people? They were the only people I knew on a personal level for 40 years. I still love them - but they do not love me - for they fear those like us who dare to engage the brain. That engagement will surely lead us out from their company.

This pain will pass. But do not stop loving them. Love them all the more. But the reality will be what you said - they will grow cold. It is they who do not love. But their lack of love should not shut down our love, should it?

Jeff

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I agree that you can never take it personally. We probably can all admit that at one point or another we ourselves acted in ways the organization encouraged us to act, instead of doing what was in our hearts. Its a idealology that is to powerful sometimes to work against.

I like to consider myself for example. It took me over 5 years of small little steps to finally purchase Ray Franzs books, research the organization, and start to form my own opinions instead of feeling guilty that I'm not "in step with Jehovah". How can somebody understand all that in a short peroid of time, or even one discussion? They can't. If they are ever to understand it will take the same kind of long drawn out process. We can only continue to show kindness and support no matter what.

My best wishes to you and your new life.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Absolutely love, they are dear friends and it hurts. Still as you say, "in just a short while, there coldness for me will start to show". You will have better friends in your life from now on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit