So, Who is Enjoying a White Chirstmas Today?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

We always have a white Christmas here up north.

• jgnat
    jgnat

We're farther north, and we're having a record-breaking BROWN Christmas. It feels weird.

• wombat
    wombat

Bloody 96 degrees here to-day in Brisbane Australia. Fed on chilled watermelon and mangoes all day with heaps of iced water.

'Phoned a nephew who is really enjoying his first Christmas out of the troof.

He really is. We just kept wishing each other a Merry Christmas. The shackles are gone forever.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

It's white here in Missouri!

Starting to melt now.

Sure was pretty this morning.

Snoozy Q

• wildhare
    wildhare

Its sunny and warm here in Florida. No white Christmas here.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

White Christmas here in Vermont. S4

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

Not me -unless you count white spirits it was very hot in Sydney -maybe next year I hae always wanted a white christmas

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Its been close to 60 degrees here in the Seattle area, so no white christmas for us either. I was just saying how I miss that. Everyone looked at me as if I had just escaped somewhere! Here the widely and deeply held belief is that snow belongs up in the mountains for the skiiers to enjoy~

Sherry

• fairchild
    fairchild

For the past two days the temps heve been unusually high, it has been 34F and some of the snow is starting to melt. To me, living with 6 months of snow each year, this is a wonderful Christmas present. Let it melt, let it melt, let it melt..

• Confession
    Confession

First time celebrating this year for my daughter and me. (Well, sort of... Didn't actually get a tree or anything.) But it does seem so strange. Although I never celebrated before, living in Michigan I always got the strong sense of Christmas being a snowy time of year.

True, I never gave gifts, put up a tree--and tried desperately never to sing Christmas songs by mistake as they played through supermarket loudspeakers... But, still, I think I understood what Christmas was to those who celebrated, and I didn't dislike all the music, decorations and well-wishers.

But having relocated to southern California, it is just so strange to have enjoyed sunny, 82 degree weather on Christmas Eve Day. Perhaps when I get the hang of this Christmas thing--and have gotten remarried to some wonderful woman--we can go back to some place snowy during this time of year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit