Are You Truly Happy

by Golf 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

Golf posts the most interesting things.

• Golf
    Golf

tikmo, at least your up a notch.

Poppers, I have eleven grandchildren the oldest being twenty-two. It brings me great happiness when I hug and kiss them likewise with my wife.

The dictionary defines happy as "having a feeling of or showing pleasure and joy; pleased; contented:..."

My father-in-law (not a witness) was a happy-go-lucky man. He always looked on the bright side of things. I was lucky to have such a father-in-law.

Happiness comes from doing things be it for yourself or others. I have a wood burning stove, I'm happy to have wood, I'm happy to split the wood. Its' a chore I do, but its' a happy and a healthy chore.

I think we're on the same wave length just expressing it in different ways.

Golf

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Poppers, you seem to be a young person

Funny, when I read his wisdom, I'd swear he was a thousand years old.

My sense is that Poppers is not pointing to happiness in the common way we would see it as an adjective: as something added and connected to some circumstance, situation or act. But rather a happiness or contentment which we truly are. In other words, we are not a person who is happy. We are Happiness....or rather the living-reality that the word points to. For Poppers to express the way he so beautifully does would require that he has discovered this first hand as his own true being; and on discovery clearly sees this happiness -- which is really an indescribable purity and peace -- is unconditional, unending and all-embracing. Which allows him -- with authority -- to point to it within everyone else as well.

j

• gumby
    gumby

Benji.....did ya find one a them there 'I hate Jesus' sites you copy and pasted from? Like I said....IF Jesus was real, he was justified in his actions.

Gumby

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial
    Benji.....did ya find one a them there 'I hate Jesus' sites you copy and pasted from?

I've had that comic for a while now.

Like I said....IF Jesus was real, he was justified in his actions.

I disagree.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

JT - Kudos to you for that translation. I find in my everyday life translating uses so much energy for me at times that I don't do it very often thereby cutting down my depth of communication with most. It was nice to read your brief and concise way of putting it.

Smiles

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I was happy until my mate died and my axe broke!

What next?

Snoozy...

• Golf
    Golf

GG,sorry to hear about your mate. I too would lose plenty of happiness if something seriously happens to my mate. We've been married for forty three years and we've known each other well over fifty years. I married outside the faith and looking back, I did the right thing. Being a witness didn't stop me from doing what I wanted to do.

I hear you GG. Take care and thanks.

Golf

• poppers
    poppers

JamesThomas said,
    "My sense is that Poppers is not pointing to happiness in the common way we would see it as an adjective: as something added and connected to some circumstance, situation or act. But rather a happiness or contentment which we truly are. In other words, we are not a person who is happy. We are Happiness....or rather the living-reality that the word points to."

JamesThomas, your sense of what my post was about is right on the mark. Thanks for bringing out my meaning so clearly.

poppers

• JH
    JH

I'M always happy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit