Are You Truly Happy

by Golf 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

Gumby to popped to pop?

Like I said in another thread, Elvis's song, 'Why Can't Everyday Be Like Christmas' is worth listening to.

Golf

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial
    Ben, there's gotta be something that makes you happy. Dig deep into that Santa Claus bag of yours.

Honestly, no, not really. The closest I come to happy is when I imagine a revolution of some sort. Oh, and Passion of the Christ made me happy. When they were flogging Jesus I giggled like a schoolgirl. The rest was boring as hell though.

• Golf
    Golf

BB, tell me what your favorite movies are. What type of recreation gets you excited? How about sharing some of your personal achievements with me, I'm all ears!!!!

Golf

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

alwayz workin on it :)

• gumby
    gumby
    When they were flogging Jesus I giggled like a schoolgirl.

Assuming he was for real, why would you giggle over a good man being beat up?

Gumby

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial
    BB, tell me what your favorite movies are. What type of recreation gets you excited? How about sharing some of your personal achievements with me, I'm all ears!!!!

Personal achievements. Eh. Nothing really. When I finish my book I'll let you read it, how about that?

Assuming he was for real, why would you giggle over a good man being beat up?

Your definition of "good man" must be different than mine. As far as I'm concerned he was a bastard who got off easily. Had I been there I would have spat in his face and slapped him repeatedly. Among other things.

• gumby
    gumby
    Had I been there I would have spat in his face and slapped him repeatedly. Among other things

YYYYYouch! I'm not a professed christian either, but what did he do that deserved being slapped? He taught love, forgivness, hospitality, fed the hungry, healed the sick and was a pacifist. Why do you hate him so?

Gumby

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think the base of my life, is a foundation of happiness, yet the reality is the boards that build my home. Some are nailed in with hardships and some are plastered with love. In all though, it is a strong happy foundation and what ever wind of life blows my way, and what storm may be over the horizon, as long as I hold to that foundation and keep my life within these walls. I can truly answer that I am happy.

• Balsam
    Balsam

It is truely a wonderful life, and I am grateful for all I have, and what ever I may look like I lack, I don't lack anything important. I have my wonderful sons, and a new grandson and a wonderful incredible husband and his lovely son and daughter who embrace me. What ever I've lost, I've gained in wisdom and knowledge, and it has all set me free. I don't need a religion to direct me to the spiritual life because I know all is good.

Balsam

• poppers
    poppers

Yes.
    Someone here said, "there's gotta be something that makes you happy." I used to think that way too, but now I see the fallacy of thinking this. I have found that nothing has to happen, nothing needs to change for happiness to be here always. There is a danger to think otherwise; to think otherwise makes "happiness" conditional. The great secret that so many miss is that you are naturally happy, it is your very nature. Only by adopting others' ideas about happiness is your natural, inherent happiness overlooked. Looking outside oneself to "complete" oneself, to feel wholeness again, puts oneself in a prison of concepts, puts oneself in a landscape where "happiness" is only conditional and fleeting. To rediscover your natural, inherent, and ever-present happiness the walls of your prison must crumble - every idea and belief that you hold must be dropped in favor of living consciously in the present moment. Afterall, the present moment is all there is; why spoil it by creating ideas about what is going on within it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit