What can we do about QUOTES.COM?

by Pistoff 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Go for it then, if it saves your friends and families lives, I will be right behind you.... with a watchtower in my hand as well.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I would like to caution against mirroring Quotes site, because it could land Quotes in hot water if the terms of his settlement includes this site not resurfacing. Very similar content could surface, though, on five or six different sites in several out of the way countries. Pistoff, you have PM.

I agree that a site similar to Quotes is the most damning thing the WTS ever encountered, because it directly attacked their credibility with their own words.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

got another gear left? I am coming out of 1st as we speak.......Bring it!

• bother_forever
    bother_forever

is there such a thing as an online petition?

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

where ya at dawg?????

man, you guys can stop being sissys anytime you want to. do you want to miss the looks on their faces when they suddenly grow up a couple of years, like NOW! You are robbing yourselves of the "good" kill. The one you can enjoy and feel good about because you earned it. Don't misunderstand me. I love sharing with you on here, but, I only get to hear you grow. I want to see the word "Apostate" be seen for what it really is..even better than "Apostle". Boot camp is over boys and girls, It is time to go out and eat some fuckin SNAKES!!!!

• zagor
    zagor

republish it 1000 times over! then let them try bringing it down.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Lets see if we can get a site with the same content (and more) hosted in 210 lands worldwide . That should keep the legal team tied up for a while.

AuldSoul

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Sorry I didn't post first on this thread. I have some comments on this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/104285/1.ashx

>> This will require some careful planning to be most effective.

Preferably, mirrors should be hosted at non-US locations where accounts can be created anonymously. When creating and maintaining the account, measures should be taken to ensure total anonymity.

Having a mirror up is by itself insufficient. People need to be able to get to the location. There should probably be a domain name that is memorable and fixed, like quotes.watchtower.ca was, which does nothing more than point to the currently active mirror. Even if the Society tries to get the mirror hosts to shut down (which they probably will) I don't think they can raise a fuss about a site that happens to link to a site they don't like.

I think only one mirror needs to be up at a time, although it would be good to have a list of hosts lined up for when the borg shuts down the current one.

Also, this will probably be a more controversial suggestion, but I believe that one person should be the content librarian so that we don't end up with multiple different versions of the site as maintenance is performed and new content added.

It would be good to discuss this issue further in private. PM me if you are well-established here and would like to join a discussion on this.

Lest the above comments be misconstrued, I do not condone any unlawful activity. The above comments should be taken as suggestions that I would make theoretically to someone interested in hosting potentially controversial, but completely lawful, content in the face of a corporation with the means to make legal trouble.

SNG

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Hypothetically speaking of course a domain like truthaboutthetruth.net or maybe quotes.fromthetruth or quotes.thetruth.org would be rather ironic and carrying a spirit of we are not going to roll over and die. Of course assuming that someone were to all on their own start up some kind of vigilante effort to restore quotes, I certainly am not endorsing such an action.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I have taken measures to discuss theoretical solutions to problems such as this in a more private setting for those who are interested. PM me if you would like information.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit